Notices

Old 20 Aug 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Did we mention we like a drink? Day 9 August 18

We all slept well again I woke around 8am and lay dibbing. The others messaged around 9 to say they were going to head down for breakfast as there was a free continental breakfast at Pier House 60. Breakfast was okay we all had coffee juice cereal and bagel or toast.

We packed up our things and checked out it was now around 10.30 and we needed to be at the sea screamer for 11.30 so we just went for a walk along the sea front and popped into the surf play shop. For a beach front shop it was reasonably priced and had everything including food and drink. The kids played on the beach for a little while and at 11.30 we headed for the screamer.

There was already a small queue of people so we paid and got our boarding passes $66 for the 3 of us for a 1 hour trip. The captain came over just before 12 and as he was talking to us a massive clap of thunder and lightening went off behind us he went back in to check his radar he said it was moving quickly so we would go out but he was going to delay for 15 minutes while it moved.

We eventually got on the boat around 12.15 and we went for seats around the back it was raining as we drove out but you could see there was clear blue sky ahead so the captain said we would head straight out onto the Gulf of Mexico to the clear skies.

We then started our search for dolphins this was a good 40 minutes when the captain spotted some jet skiers had stopped in a group so we headed over and there were 2 dolphins playing.

We watched and got photos and then the captain said he would see if they wanted to play and started driving slowly off the kids all raced to the back of the boat and we got a great little show from them jumping in and out of the water. We've got some amazing videos of it and we were all blown away.

We were soon heading back the sky had totally cleared now and it was getting really hot even with the breeze of the boat moving it was hot. We got back in at 1.30pm so we were out a good hour and we had all really enjoyed it.

We walked down to Crabby'a beach walk bar for lunch and it was lovely I had a Po Boy sandwich DH had the chicken Cesar salad, we all decided to head back to idrive then rather than go on the beach as it was almost 3pm.

An easy drive back I was falling asleep it is a long boring road the I4 it took about 1hr40 and we stopped for fuel close to the Avanti when Riley picked up a frozen sprite only in American can you get a drink this size for 79c

The other adults wanted to go shopping so we said we'd take all the kids to the pool. It was 5pm and still hot.

However by 6pm the clouds started rolling in and at 7pm we were all kicked out the pool. We sat with the kids who were getting hungry so I said I'd walk over to cici's and grab some pizzas. They do a family meal deal 2 large pizza's some cheese bread for $16.99 I ordered that and some boneless wings. Then she said it will be around 20 minutes so I text DH to say I'd be a while.

I stood talking to an English lady who had been to discovery cove for the day and time went quickly then I realise it's pushing 30 minutes and I'm still waiting so I chase it up at 40minutes Riley comes running in, turns out my text hadn't worked and they were all worried about me so had come looking for me!

Pizza finally ready we walked back to the pool bar and sat eating and chatting. The other parents came back and eventually the pool was reopened so the kids got in and we all talked and drank. I had brought a couple of cans of Smirnoff smash it's fruity but quite strong and then the girls opened the Bottega pink prosecco.

The others had been to the outlet and while some were picking sun glasses in the hut the lady offered to service one of the lad's Rayban's he had brought from there 2 years ago as she tightened a screw she had cracked his lens! They immediately offered him $190 credit off a new pair so they'd spent most of their time choosing glasses.

By 10pm we were all ready for bed tomorrow we have Hollywood studios and are hoping slinky has less than a 1 hour queue as we don't have a fp!

feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice to see the dolphins 🐬

Joan
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 21 Aug 18 1:15 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you enjoyed your day in Clearwater and the Seascreamer
Old 23 Aug 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Great photo of the dolphin, sounds like you had a great time in Clearwater.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a great day.