Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 9 Oct 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'm so sorry to read that, sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread with everything going on at the minute and the holiday just days away now!

I hope your daughter's infection is well on the mend by now, I can sympathise with how it made you feel, I changed hospitals I work in in June & I'm so pleased as I was working in our local hospital, there were just so many reminders lurking round every corner of my parents.

I'd walked into cardiology one day to borrow an ECG machine not long after losing dad and was felt like I'd been punched in the stomach! The last time I walked in there, my parents were both sitting there waiting for my dad's appointment. I could still 'see' them sitting there, delighted and surprised to see me (and always proud when they saw me in my uniform!) <3

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I updated the plaque on dad’s memorial bench last night ❤️

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I'm so sorry to read that, sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread with everything going on at the minute and the holiday just days away now!

I hope your daughter's infection is well on the mend by now, I can sympathise with how it made you feel, I changed hospitals I work in in June & I'm so pleased as I was working in our local hospital, there were just so many reminders lurking round every corner of my parents.

I'd walked into cardiology one day to borrow an ECG machine not long after losing dad and was felt like I'd been punched in the stomach! The last time I walked in there, my parents were both sitting there waiting for my dad's appointment. I could still 'see' them sitting there, delighted and surprised to see me (and always proud when they saw me in my uniform!) <3
Firstly you don't need to apologise.
Thank you for understanding her infection is clearing up nicely thank you. It was difficult as during the night I looked over and expected to see my Mum. Unfortunately, life continues and I know I have to be strong for the kids.
It must be so difficult for you to have this consistent reminder in your life at least I only had to face it by accident.

Your plaque is lovely btw xxx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

3disneykids I hope your daughter continues to improve
Thanks for setting up this thread
My DH died unexpectedly of Sepsis whilst on a training course in Stevenage in 2016.
The NHS were so on the ball and treated him so quickly but sadly he didn't make it
Just after he died a friend was talking about the difference between knowing someone is dying and that of an unexpected death

If somehas a prognosis where they are expected to die it's like there is a wave creeping slowly towards you

If it is sudden and unexpected the wave comes suddenly from behind

Either way the wave will totally knock you off your feet.
Either way you will need to get back up on your feet
Bit it's so so hard at times
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
3disneykids I hope your daughter continues to improve
Thanks for setting up this thread
My DH died unexpectedly of Sepsis whilst on a training course in Stevenage in 2016.
The NHS were so on the ball and treated him so quickly but sadly he didn't make it
Just after he died a friend was talking about the difference between knowing someone is dying and that of an unexpected death

If somehas a prognosis where they are expected to die it's like there is a wave creeping slowly towards you

If it is sudden and unexpected the wave comes suddenly from behind

Either way the wave will totally knock you off your feet.
Either way you will need to get back up on your feet
Bit it's so so hard at times
Thank you for your kind words. My daughter made a great recovery
What a good analogy... I don't think there is an easy or a hard way to lose somebody. It must have been completely shocking to lose someone so suddenly. The loss of my dad was the first real experience of a death in the family and was so painful.
For both my parents it was a long and painful experience but still felt like a shock at the end.
Sending you love
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mum would have been 62 today. I just feel very sad. I know this feeling will never go but I just feel so raw at the moment
Old 26 Oct 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending virtual hugs for today xxx
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Mum would have been 62 today. I just feel very sad. I know this feeling will never go but I just feel so raw at the moment
So sorry, firsts are awful. I am not looking forward to Christmas this year, had my birthday just after my mum died, dds prom and my mum had paid for her dress. My dd picked it and she saw a picture of it, them my dds 16th birthday and we had our holiday to Florida that my mum had helped with. Its just a reminder what your loved one is missing out on x
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
So sorry, firsts are awful. I am not looking forward to Christmas this year, had my birthday just after my mum died, dds prom and my mum had paid for her dress. My dd picked it and she saw a picture of it, them my dds 16th birthday and we had our holiday to Florida that my mum had helped with. Its just a reminder what your loved one is missing out on x
Thanks. Yes it really is I am trying so hard to keep things together. It is hard because some days I can be 'fine' and some I feel like I can barely drag myself out of bed...luckily I have young kids and they help me to continue as normal as possible
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Thinking of you, it’s just hideous

I’m currently struggling with coming back from the holiday & not doing the usual Sharing with mum about it, she’s usually phoned as soon as we’re through the airport as we know she’d be wanting to know we’d landed safely & to hear all about it. Xx