Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 11 Mar 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
That's best part of 2 years, I think that is a long engagement, although seriously everything feels long compare to mine..

Really there isn't THAT much to do, you will have long periods of not having anything to sort, I did even with a 4 month engagement. I did loads at the beginning, then nothing over Christmas etc, and I'm busy ish with it now.

You could definitely plan a florida trip, it just depends if you want a busy honeymoon or a relaxed one.
To be fair you might find planning the holiday stops you from getting too bridezilla and booking a load of things you don't need.
I am member of a facebook group about weddings and one girl had fallen out with her MIL as the MIL had to audacity to choose her own dress.
And another was saying she would never have a registrar come out as she didn't know what they would wear. So was getting married in a registry office earlier in the week, and having a celebrant come out who was happy for to dictate what she should wear.. Crikey...
Do you think?! When I thought long engagement I envisioned a good 5 years haha!

I imagine with over a year to go I’ll have quite a lot of time where I’m doing nothing, so I suppose I could easily plan a Florida honeymoon... haha!
I do want to travel other places though so might leave the honeymoon open to somewhere new.

Where are you getting married? Are you excited? 12 days is so soon!

Oh gosh! I couldn’t be bothered with being that bridezilla. I’m a pretty laidback person though, as is OH. My maid of honour choice was a lot to do with the fact they will be bridezilla for me haha!

I don’t care what anyone wears, honestly! The registrar could show up in a chicken suit for all I care 😂
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
Do you think?! When I thought long engagement I envisioned a good 5 years haha!

I imagine with over a year to go I’ll have quite a lot of time where I’m doing nothing, so I suppose I could easily plan a Florida honeymoon... haha!
I do want to travel other places though so might leave the honeymoon open to somewhere new.

Where are you getting married? Are you excited? 12 days is so soon!

Oh gosh! I couldn’t be bothered with being that bridezilla. I’m a pretty laidback person though, as is OH. My maid of honour choice was a lot to do with the fact they will be bridezilla for me haha!

I don’t care what anyone wears, honestly! The registrar could show up in a chicken suit for all I care 😂
Where do you fancy going? I have travelled quite a lot as I lived in Oz for 7 years so I was the other side of the world, may have some tips.

I agree very much though, personally I would find the chicken suit a talking point
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Where do you fancy going? I have travelled quite a lot as I lived in Oz for 7 years so I was the other side of the world, may have some tips.

I agree very much though, personally I would find the chicken suit a talking point

We’ve discussed Mexico, and going there for the day of the dead celebrations. We’d also like to do New Orleans too.
Then OH wants to do Scandinavia (his family is Swedish) and mentioned going to Iceland.

I’d also like to see a lot more of Europe but figure I should do something bigger for the honeymoon.

Are you doing Florida?
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

No we aren’t going to Florida, we can’t get a fortnight away and to be honest I wouldn’t choose it anyway I don’t think, i’m Not quite as Florida crackers as most on the forum, been twice and probably won’t go back until kids, especially as OH can’t take a fortnight we might never go back.

We have 3 nights in Paris a fortnight after the wedding, and we go on a week cruise from Venice in October. So it’s lovely having 2 things to look forward to
Old 13 Mar 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No we aren’t going to Florida, we can’t get a fortnight away and to be honest I wouldn’t choose it anyway I don’t think, i’m Not quite as Florida crackers as most on the forum, been twice and probably won’t go back until kids, especially as OH can’t take a fortnight we might never go back.

We have 3 nights in Paris a fortnight after the wedding, and we go on a week cruise from Venice in October. So it’s lovely having 2 things to look forward to
Oooh that sounds nice. Nice to prolong it as well! Double the celebrations.

I’d love to go back to Florida. It really is my happy place but there’s just something in me telling me I should explore the rest of the world before going back.
Old 13 Mar 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

It’s gone really quickly for us, we got engaged in December 2017 and the time has just flown by.

I don’t feel like we’ve got any down time from planning, but that’s because of the money side of it and constantly keeping an eye on how much we have etc. Not helped by OHs car failing it’s MOT yesterday!

We are buying bits as we go, but all our suppliers are sorted. Dresses to sort out for the bridesmaids and flower girl this summer and then that will be most things sorted until towards the end of the year. Just got to work and pay it off lol.

Florida is out for our honeymoon. Reason bein, we absolutely love it. OH has twice said we won’t go back without kids. Since he first said that, we did another 2 weeks - booked by him. And the entire time we were there last time he kept saying “next time...” so I think personally for our honeymoon we want something we will never do again.

Hence wanting Hawaii plus a cruise around the Hawaiian islands hopefully .

We are fortunate in that we are the type of people that would save and go on a 5* type holiday every couple of years so that’s what puts us off the Caribbean islands... they seem like “normal” holidays to us. (Please don’t think we’re loaded/snobby. We work a ridiculous amount of hours every week so we save specifically for holidays like that rather than just be able to afford them off the hop. We go less often, but go more in style. We slum it in travelodges when we go away in the uk!)
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
It’s gone really quickly for us, we got engaged in December 2017 and the time has just flown by.

I don’t feel like we’ve got any down time from planning, but that’s because of the money side of it and constantly keeping an eye on how much we have etc. Not helped by OHs car failing it’s MOT yesterday!

We are buying bits as we go, but all our suppliers are sorted. Dresses to sort out for the bridesmaids and flower girl this summer and then that will be most things sorted until towards the end of the year. Just got to work and pay it off lol.

Florida is out for our honeymoon. Reason bein, we absolutely love it. OH has twice said we won’t go back without kids. Since he first said that, we did another 2 weeks - booked by him. And the entire time we were there last time he kept saying “next time...” so I think personally for our honeymoon we want something we will never do again.

Hence wanting Hawaii plus a cruise around the Hawaiian islands hopefully .

We are fortunate in that we are the type of people that would save and go on a 5* type holiday every couple of years so that’s what puts us off the Caribbean islands... they seem like “normal” holidays to us. (Please don’t think we’re loaded/snobby. We work a ridiculous amount of hours every week so we save specifically for holidays like that rather than just be able to afford them off the hop. We go less often, but go more in style. We slum it in travelodges when we go away in the uk!)
I’m the same money wise - we’re booking things but having to keep tabs on everything and are trying, where possible, to do our own decor etc to save some money! However I have gone sliiiightly over budget on my dress...

We’re planning on buying bits here and there too. Looking at ASOS for bridesmaid dresses as they have some fab ones.

Don’t think you’re snobby at all! We’ve done the same. Mine and OHs first holiday away together was Florida - because we wanted to save and do that and sacrificed yearly holidays in the meantime.
We’ll probably do the same for the honeymoon, wherever we decide to go. However we are going away with OHs family this year for a week.

I feel the same about Florida for the honeymoon. Last year was OHs first time to Florida and he very much did it because I wanted to go back, however he has caught the bug and he too was saying ‘next time we come’ by the second day! So I think we’ll definitely go back and I’m thinking along the same lines as you - if I’m going back to Florida anyway I should go elsewhere for the honeymoon.

I don’t think I’d fancy anywhere like the Maldives, I think I’d get bored!
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Well i’m at 6 days now, and am starting to get quite anxious.
Just dreams of things going wrong, my mother (who I am estranged with) turning up uninvited, forgetting my dress etc etc etc
My wedding ring has now turned up and is lovely, so that’s good news.
Off to the wholesaler today to pick up our pick and mix so that will be a fun thing to do
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well i’m at 6 days now, and am starting to get quite anxious.
Just dreams of things going wrong, my mother (who I am estranged with) turning up uninvited, forgetting my dress etc etc etc
My wedding ring has now turned up and is lovely, so that’s good news.
Off to the wholesaler today to pick up our pick and mix so that will be a fun thing to do
I’m sure that’s totally normal! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.
How did sweet buying go?
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
I’m sure that’s totally normal! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.
How did sweet buying go?
We went completely overboard and bought the wholesalers out! Something like 15 tubs of haribo, everyone going to be in a diabetic coma 😂