Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Feb 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Oh no! I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience on your last evening. Bringing out food too quickly has always been my biggest bug bear over there - you expect more from a signature restaurant given the price. I’ve not been to Flying Fish before - I have it on my list of ADRs to book for August but I may possibly rethink.
I am hoping that our Ale & Compass lunch later means we leave on a positive note.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Oh no. What a disappoinment at the Flying Fish and practically the total opposite to Dr J's experience. How can these places be so inconsistent? Your final evening as well.
Old 9 Feb 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Oh no. What a disappoinment at the Flying Fish and practically the total opposite to Dr J's experience. How can these places be so inconsistent? Your final evening as well.
I know I just reread his review, he got amuse-bouche and palette cleansers. We had all our food chucked at us within the space of about twelve minutes!
Old 9 Feb 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I know I just reread his review, he got amuse-bouche and palette cleansers. We had all our food chucked at us within the space of about twelve minutes!
Night and Day experiences

We have it booked for July.
Old 9 Feb 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Claudette. How disappointing for you both. The food presentation looks very nice but of course the overall experience is what matters.

I know this is your food report but I have to say this ref this meal. The server destroyed the overall experience by his/her attitude and complete lack of attention to what the Guest wants. Probably due to the fact they are struggling to make ends meet on the $90K+ per annum they are earning in a Signature restaurant.

I would have walked out as soon as the entrees arrived. I hasten to add I wouldn't have paid for anything either.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Tusker House is just a great buffet all round, fantastic for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

What a shame about Flying Fish, even worse that it was on your last evening, and when you’ve been looking forward to it for so long. Genuinely sad for you.

A real pity about the seating, the restaurant is very pretty, and I don’t feel pictures do it justice. They did a fabulous job with the refurb.

Nev’s steak does look a little dull. The previous incarnation of that dish was much more appealing. I completely agree about the red wine reduction with the sea bass, I didn’t enjoy it either, but I’m not a fan of red wine in cooking so I just chalked it up to that. I would rather a beurre blanc, although I can see why they would think that was a little dull and predictable. The leeks are lovely though.

What can I even say about the service!? Just not acceptable for a Signature restaurant where they should be experts in pacing.

I think the moral of the story is you have to try places for yourself and not rely too much on other’s reviews, as no two experiences will be the same.

I’m crossing my fingers that Ale & Compass saves the day!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Claudette. How disappointing for you both. The food presentation looks very nice but of course the overall experience is what matters.

I know this is your food report but I have to say this ref this meal. The server destroyed the overall experience by his/her attitude and complete lack of attention to what the Guest wants. Probably due to the fact they are struggling to make ends meet on the $90K+ per annum they are earning in a Signature restaurant.

I would have walked out as soon as the entrees arrived. I hasten to add I wouldn't have paid for anything either.
Yes, I think having looked forward to it for a long time made everything worse, although there is no excuse ever for getting all of your courses delivered within twelve minutes. Not unless you are at macdonalds anyway.

I think this experience is one that could have driven me to walk out / not pay had I been a cash payer. However on points and with only half a day to go, so no time to use the spare points, we decided might as well stick it out.
Old 9 Feb 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’m crossing my fingers that Ale & Compass saves the day!
Me too. Just about to go on slinky dog the back to hotel to check out and lunch!
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Me too. Just about to go on slinky dog the back to hotel to check out and lunch!
Sorry your last night was not memorable in the way you would have liked. So disappointing. Enjoy your lunch.
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry about your Flying Fish experience..we have booked for first time there this August, am certainly going to be very hesitant now! 😕 Tusker house however looked lovely - what a difference and not the way round expected I am sure 😳
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List