Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Jan 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile American football /baseball

Hello would love to catch an American football game or baseball game whilst out there in August where would I begin to look for this information thanks in advance x
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hodd10
Earning My Ears

Sorry to be the giver of bad news the NFL will start in September so you would be unlikely to see a game I'm afraid
hodd10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

You may be able to catch a pre-season game for an NFL team. Closest would be Tampa. Have a look at their website nearer the time, if not then they may have a train8ng camp on at Disney world wide sports complex.
Baseball would be the devil rays over in St Pete’s, check their website for specific dates and game tickets. It’s a fun afternoon/night.
There will be minor league teams around as well.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

[QUOTE=webby3;13656233]You may be able to catch a pre-season game for an NFL team. Closest would be Tampa. Have a look at their website nearer the time, if not then they may have a train8ng camp on at Disney world wide sports complex.
Baseball would be the devil rays over in St Pete’s, check their website for specific dates and game tickets. It’s a fun afternoon/night.
There will be minor league teams around as well.[/QUOTE
Thank you I shall keep an eye out ... I didn’t even gives Disney a thought
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Tampa Bay Rays - baseball schedule is here for you mlb/rays/schedule/2019-01

There is a minor league baseball team that is half the distance away from Orlando. Lakeland Flying Tigers - fixtures are here - milb/schedule/index.j...570&m=8&y=2019

They also have a lot of promotional nights with free food etc.
Unlike the Rays it is an outdoor stadium and as we have found before, a thunderstorm puts paid to a great night out

We have been to see the Rays twice now and intend going in the summer, great experience

Have to admit to not being able to pick up any NFL in August, I think the Florida heat is too much for them.

Hope the baseball info helps

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

The Orlando Predators have just reformed and will play in the National Arena League this year. This is indoor football. It used to be great until the team folded in 2016. I haven't seen a schedule yet but it starts in April.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
florakid
Trying for More Ears

florakid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Florida fire frogs on the 192
Minor league. at osceola county stadium. Cheap tickets at gate.
florakid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
squires55
Getting to know the DIBB

Rays single game tickets are now available from the Rays website, previously seen them against the Orioles and White Sox, now it's my team, the Red Sox on the 19th April, can't wait!
squires55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

All great suggestions. NFL preseason, Minor and Major Leagues. Firefrogs and Tigers are a great night. Rays gives the benefit of aircon, but costs more.

Can I also suggest a Saturday watching College Football. Either in Tampa for USF Bulls, or in Orlando for UCF Knights (unbeaten for 2 years now), or Gainsville for (UF Gators).

College football is a fantastic experience to attend.

All depends when in August you are going and schedules.

Last time in Sep all 3 Florida NFL teams were away on the same Sunday - gutted
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

We did an NFL game in December in Tampa and it was a great experience but I can see why don't start playing until September, it was absolutely boiling in the stadium just as spectators!
Hope you find something to watch and enjoy the experience
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List