Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 2 Feb 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiesmum
Excited about Disney

February Half Term- who’s going to Orlando?

I booked a week at Universals Saphire Falls for February half term back in August with Virgin. There were some good deals at the time of booking and I know a few dibbers booked at the same time.

I’m going with DS11, it’s just the two of us this trip. We’re flying from Manchester and we’ve booked seats in the bubble. We’re ’just’’ doing Universal for the week. Who else is going at half term?

Has anybody been during February that can share their experiences as I’ve never been at this time of year.
Alfiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think its a great time to go, have been that time several times, we will be in orlando md week of half term, we off to new york first. Sometimes need a hoodie at night! But nice and warm during the day. X
Old 2 Feb 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

Flying on Tuesday. Can't wait!

The weather forecast looks great for the next few weeks too!
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
arrongarage
Getting to know the DIBB

we fly on 19th. kids still have no idea
arrongarage is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

Literally just booked a “missing no school” week just now. Fly out on the 16th and back on the 23rd.

We don’t intend to do parks as we have three weeks in July - August to do them.

Need to decide if we want to stay in a hotel or a house next...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We went to WDW last February half time and had a fabulous week - great weather.

We are flying to LA to do Disneyland this half term 9th to 16th. Long way to go for a week but can't wait to spend it in Disneyland !

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I booked the same time too OP I’ve been once before in Feb in 2001 but later in the month. It will be me and DS 10 staying at the enclave suites. We’re not supposed to be doing any parks as it was just meant to be a week of sun on the cheap. We’ve got bargain tickets for the icon wheel, sealife amd Madame Tausauds thanks to a post by Hutton I think Ds would like to do a day at universal too, but I’m need to reign it in a bit. We did universal for almost two weeks a couple of years ago, but we’ve never been during Mardi Gras, so May still go
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
We went to WDW last February half time and had a fabulous week - great weather.

We are flying to LA to do Disneyland this half term 9th to 16th. Long way to go for a week but can't wait to spend it in Disneyland !
We did three weeks in California in August, including 5 days at Disneyland and it was fab. I was seriously contemplating going back for the half-term week. The length of the flight isn't actually that much longer than going to Florida, so that didn't put me off. The timezone shift, particularly for my 8-y-o was the deciding factor in the end.

You'll have a fab time!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I booked the same time too OP I’ve been once before in Feb in 2001 but later in the month. It will be me and DS 10 staying at the enclave suites. We’re not supposed to be doing any parks as it was just meant to be a week of sun on the cheap. We’ve got bargain tickets for the icon wheel, sealife amd Madame Tausauds thanks to a post by Hutton I think Ds would like to do a day at universal too, but I’m need to reign it in a bit. We did universal for almost two weeks a couple of years ago, but we’ve never been during Mardi Gras, so May still go
We aren't intending to do any parks, but Mardi Gras you say? I need to go and check that out!

I'm not really seeing our trip as a holiday, more "living somewhere else for a week" but I had a quick look at Groupon Orlando this morning and nearly all, if not all, the things you mention were listed on there. Is that where you got your bargain tickets from?

Part One
Part Two
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

We fly out during half term but not till Thursday 21st, so most of our holiday will be after the school’s return. We also booked the bargain Virgin flights back in August. We’ve never been at this time of year before but it’s so close now that I can’t wait!