Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Feb 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottish_Disney
Being a bit Goofy

5 days at end of holiday. What would you do?

Hello.

We are staying at Disney for 2 weeks and then we have 5 days at the end of the holiday which we currently haven’t booked anything for.

Our options so far would be to go and do universal, drive down the coast or possibly take a cruise if prices go down.

Do you have any recommendations of things to do or hotels to try?

Thanks in advance.
Scottish_Disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We took our first ever cruise at the end of our last holiday, it was the most amazing way to end the holiday, worth every penny!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I wondered if you were going on your honeymoon straight after the wedding. If so with the months of planning for the wedding and a hectic two weeks in Disney I would opt for the cruise. It would be so relaxing and you really do get looked after on a cruise ship.

All your choices are good though. Congratulations and hope you have a fantastic wedding and holiday.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

The Gulf coast is beautiful. Fort Myers Beach is my personal favourite. We’ve rented a villa there and close by in Cape Coral but have also stayed in the Diamondhead resort hotel. Really like the beach, the pier and the shops there. There’s a Kilwins Ice Cream parlour that I highly recommend.
Lido Key is also a lovely resort on the Gulf. St Armands shopping area is lovely for dinner. Also another Kilwins ice cream 😉
On the Atlantic Coast, St Augustine and Fort Lauderdale are both great places for a short stay.
We stayed in Casa de Monica in St Augustine. A gorgeous historic hotel. Guess what? Another Kilwins 😉
We’ve stayed in a couple of hotels in Fort Lauderdale but the Hilton Beach Resort was my fave. Las Olas Boulevard has lots of great restaurants and shopping. Yup, we can get our Kilwins ice cream there too. 😂
Hope you have a lovely holiday 👍
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’d go to Naples!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

I would definitely head to the Gulf Coast - so many beautiful places to stay and things to see
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
baloo1992
Apprentice Imagineer

We always have a few days at the Gulf. Beautiful beaches.
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve been put off cruises since watching The Cruise on stv!

I’d opt for the west coast. Anna Maria Island if you want more quiet and laid back or Naples for fabulous food, shops, beaches and the Everglades
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I would probably head across to the gulf coast and relax.

I’d also recommend seeing the Keys, I liked the relaxing vibe of Key West, but that would be a longer drive; we did them as part of a road trip after flying into Miami. Naples was also a great stop on that trip.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List