Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Feb 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just back, highs and lows

Just back after two weeks staying at Coronado Springs Resort. The room was excellent. We declined housekeeping and it did not cause us any issues at all. When we were running short of supplies we called housekeeping and the stuff arrived literally straight away.

I was 66 while away and we arrived back on the day of my birthday to find a Grumpy hat, Grumpy mug and a selection of Disney teas. Totally unexpected surprise! You can gather I am a big Grumpy fan!

Upgraded to DDP. Stayed in block 4 at Casitas. Ideal spot, facing the car park and a few steps to the bus stop. We loved the resort and the construction had no effect on us at all.

Will be superb when finished!

HIGHS:
Virgin flights, both excellent, decent food for plane fare!

We were not sure about the DDP and the table service meals but we loved it. Could not fault any of the food apart from two (see lows). We ate at Sannaa, Yak and Yeti, Wave, Maya Grill x 2, Teppan Edo x 2 (my personal favourites, wonderful experience and excellent food), Jungle Navigation in MK), Narcoossees x 2, Mamma Melrose, The Café. Also found the servers at the table service restaurants very good - apart from one (see lows). Very chatty but also did not sit on your shoulder waiting for you to finish.

Plus we ate at various places using QSDP

As for snacks. We spent all of them with the vast majority on biscuits, chocolate bars, trail mix and various other items. All were brought home!

Theme parks were visited although did not go out to them until after lunch as we tried to time table service meals so we were able to go to the parks afterwards.

Enjoyed Toy Story Land, Disney have made a great job of it.

Made use of fast passes as well. Favourite ride was Flight of Passage which we were able to do twice. WOW! What an experience although I am not sure I would take 180 minutes in a queue for it.

Navi River Journey was OK but just OK!

Found cast members to be friendly and chatty. Buses back to Coronado were a bit hit and miss so used the car a few times but that was only because the first week was a bit chilly. Chilly enough for us to buy thermal tops from Disney Springs. Second week was a bit better and we were able to get the shorts out and enjoy a bit of heat on our old bones

LOWS:
We had a table service at the Wave one evening and aftrer eating there before was really looking forward to it but sadly it did not live up to our expectations. Food was a tad bland. Also our second meal at Maya Grill was spoilt by a very poor server. Food was OK though

Large groups of teenage South American girls who thought they owned the parks. Extremely loud and thought it was OK to take up space so others could not get past, also some of the South American families were rude and thought it was OK to push past when going in the opposite direction without even an excuse me!

Otherwise we had a very peaceful trip. When you get to our age you don't hurry!

Next up is a 3 week West Coast road trip in June. Planning is just about complete!
Old 12 Feb 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
neelixm8
Proud to wear my Ears

We're just back as well, boy was it cold that first week. Wore my jacket never done that before. We had a restful trip and like you went to the parks a little later.

Enjoy your next one.
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Havent seen many highs and lows lately always enjoy them so thank you for sharing sounds like a fab holiday

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Sounds as though you had a fab time!
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well done on your report. It sounds like a great time was had, not too hectic and nearly all highs.
I was pleased to see your comments on CSR as we are having a few days there before moving on to SSR. Looking forward to it.
Nice Birthday surprise from Disney as well. Was that totally out of the blue or arranged by somebody?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Thanks for posting - we are staying at CSR in September so great to have reviews of the place.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We too are back after a 5 week trip. Weather was mostly lovely apart from a toatally washed out Sunday, than the cold week. Never worn a coat, scarf and gloves to DW before. We found the parks to be as busy as Easter last year, only managed a few extra ride other than our Fast passes, which was a bit disappointing as we thought it would be quieter.
We only went to Disney 4 days,plus we managed our first day in TL and our last in BB they were both empty despite the 27c weather.
We took a mini trip to St Augustine, stayed in a gorgeous B and B, it was a lovely place and change of pace from Orlando.
We got back on Friday and have been ill with a chest infection,which started whilst out therebut got much worse in our cold weather.
We fell out with Disney,we have been going for 30 years,and this year did not enjoy due to the crowds,and constant traffic, does not bear to think how bad it will get when Star Wars opens.
We will go again as a family with grandkids but it will be in a few years.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
Originally Posted by llamala View Post
We too are back after a 5 week trip. Weather was mostly lovely apart from a toatally washed out Sunday, than the cold week. Never worn a coat, scarf and gloves to DW before. We found the parks to be as busy as Easter last year, only managed a few extra ride other than our Fast passes, which was a bit disappointing as we thought it would be quieter.
We only went to Disney 4 days,plus we managed our first day in TL and our last in BB they were both empty despite the 27c weather.
We took a mini trip to St Augustine, stayed in a gorgeous B and B, it was a lovely place and change of pace from Orlando.
We got back on Friday and have been ill with a chest infection,which started whilst out therebut got much worse in our cold weather.
We fell out with Disney,we have been going for 30 years,and this year did not enjoy due to the crowds,and constant traffic, does not bear to think how bad it will get when Star Wars opens.
We will go again as a family with grandkids but it will be in a few years.
Have also been ill since we got back Friday. Filthy cold and a cough that rips me apart!
Old 12 Feb 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Well done on your report. It sounds like a great time was had, not too hectic and nearly all highs.
I was pleased to see your comments on CSR as we are having a few days there before moving on to SSR. Looking forward to it.
Nice Birthday surprise from Disney as well. Was that totally out of the blue or arranged by somebody?
Mrs T mentioned it when booking I think. It was a really nice surprise and totally unexpected. Such a nice gesture. Mrs T did phone reception to thank them and they seemed genuinely surprised that she phoned and thanked them!
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip and thanks for sharing.