Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Feb 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Heathrow T3 Airport Lounges

We have 2 free lounge passes to use, but are unsure which one to book out of Club Aspire or No 1 Lounge. There seems to be mixed reviews for both.

Has anyone visited either of them and could recommend one over the other?
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

I was at club aspire in t3 in Aug, we had a 2pm miami flight so stopped by the lounge, to be honest it was packed, the food was good and the bar was decent, but we struggled to get a seat, this was on a Saturday. Definatly prebook if you can as they were turning away priority pass holders, I think both lounges will be busy regardless as anyone can book into them.
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We used the No1 lounge on Friday 6th April last year which was during the school Easter holidays. I expected it to be very busy but it wasn't. There were plenty of seats available and the choice at the bar was great - pretty much everyone in the lounge was drinking blush sparkling wine!
Food was okay, nothing to write home about. They had snacks rather than a proper meal which filled a hole.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Out of the 2 I always choose No.1 lounge as its a bit bigger and more range of drinks and snacks. Club Aspire is OK but very limited. You get better hot food but no snacks and the choice on drinks is very minimal in my opinion.
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We went to the No1 Lounge in October on a Saturday. It was fairly busy and we managed to get in but have read about them turning more people away with passes unless they pre -book. Nice lounge good selection of drinks and food section replenished regularly whilst we were there. Would definitely use again.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

How do you get free lounge passes?
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scouser View Post
I was at club aspire in t3 in Aug, we had a 2pm miami flight so stopped by the lounge, to be honest it was packed, the food was good and the bar was decent, but we struggled to get a seat, this was on a Saturday. Definatly prebook if you can as they were turning away priority pass holders, I think both lounges will be busy regardless as anyone can book into them.
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We used the No1 lounge on Friday 6th April last year which was during the school Easter holidays. I expected it to be very busy but it wasn't. There were plenty of seats available and the choice at the bar was great - pretty much everyone in the lounge was drinking blush sparkling wine!
Food was okay, nothing to write home about. They had snacks rather than a proper meal which filled a hole.
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Out of the 2 I always choose No.1 lounge as its a bit bigger and more range of drinks and snacks. Club Aspire is OK but very limited. You get better hot food but no snacks and the choice on drinks is very minimal in my opinion.
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
We went to the No1 Lounge in October on a Saturday. It was fairly busy and we managed to get in but have read about them turning more people away with passes unless they pre -book. Nice lounge good selection of drinks and food section replenished regularly whilst we were there. Would definitely use again.
Thanks all. It sounds like the No 1 lounge is the better option. Will definitely pre-book.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
How do you get free lounge passes?
I got mine as a perk from being a Platinum member of ebookers. We’ve booked a few hotels with them over the past couple of years for our road trips, which has gained the membership. I think others can get passes through their credit cards.