Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

A difficult subject - updated page 15

Last Monday, I was diagnosed with Colon cancer.
This was discovered quite by chance when we moved house and registered with a new Doctor.
I have been very well looked after at York Hospital, but have to admit to being very scared.
My pre op assessment is on the 28th and I'm pencilled In For the 7th for my operation.
Any positive thoughts or prayers are very welcome.

Sally 💕

Edited at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Wishing you all the best for a full recovery.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thinking of you, thank goodness it was picked up by the new Doctors.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

I know exactly how you are feeling, I was diagnosed 9 years ago with bowel cancer at the age of 40 I had late stage 3 had a 6 hour operation to remove the tumour followed by 6 months of chemo and apart from some lasting side effects from the chemo am still here fit and healthy.

Please pm me if you have any questions and I will be happy to help anyway I can.

Stay positive and strong and look after yourself, and good luck with everything

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Terrible shock for you but good that things are well in hand for your op which will be the start of your recovery.
All the best.xx

Edited at 05:57 PM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

What a shock for you. I wish you well and quick recovery time.

Just in case you have not noticed Stu has responded to your name change post.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Goodness what a shock. I’m assuming you were fit and well prior to the routine appointment.
Thinking of you and sending lots of love and positive thoughts. X
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What a shock for you and I can understand you being scared. But better it is found sooner than later. Good job you had to register with a new doctor! Have you thought of contacting McMillan nurses who may help you through and answer any questions that crop up?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
While it is a difficlut subject the more people that talk about it the more people understand. It is a shock if you have no obvious symptoms beforehand and you will be on an emotional and physical rollercoaster but stay positive, it has been found and will be dealt with. Hopefully it will have been found at an early stage but it will be a worrying time for you until all the results are in and feel free to PM me at anytime. If you are getting a stoma there are some fantastic facebook groups that can give you help and support through the initial settling in period and there are some great websites too but maybe too early for too much information. Sending cyber hugs and bucket loads of pixie dust xx

Just for info I was diagnosed with bowel cancer over 3 years ago after a pre-op colonoscopy for an unrelated condition. After a bowel resection. temporary Ileostomy and many tests mine was luckliy diagnosed as stage 1 so no chemo etc. and after surgeries for the original condition I had my stoma reversed a year ago. I now will have annual blood tests and a colonoscopy every three years to keep an eye on things.

As a footnote - if anyone has the bowel screening kit sitting in a drawer please complete the test asap as the sooner it is found the easier it is to cure. I was 49 when I was diagnosed and it should have been picked up when I got the screening kit at 50 and I am now back on the screening programme and the last test was done and sent back the next day.

Edited at 06:36 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wishing you all the best, keep strong.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List