Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Feb 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Aug 2020, seriously need to stop searching holiday prices

I am doing my own head in!
But I still can not stop checking out the holiday prices!
I know the prices are going to change in April may time and I know they (hopefully) will go down , but I still can’t stop searching!

So TUI Bristol to Sanford, 20th aug to 3rd sep, avanti resort £2671 14 nights
Or

Fly drive TUI £1998 14 nights but still need to buy insurance for car even though it’s a fly drive (weird as they include insurance with multi centre holidays that require car hire)

PROs - Bristol is 2hr drive from where we live and would be ideal to drive home.

Virgin holidays In store quote, same dates but from Gatwick to MCO stay sky suites on I drive, £2712

PROs breakfast included
Resort taxes included
Resort fees included
Disney springs luggage drop included
Pre select seats included

Always wanted to go on the big red bird
Both offer drinks etc in flight included
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Why do you think prices will go down out of interest?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Per person? I've priced up Rosen Plaza is £63 per room per night and sleeps up to four. Direct flights would be about £1000 per person.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
I am doing my own head in!
But I still can not stop checking out the holiday prices!
I know the prices are going to change in April may time and I know they (hopefully) will go down , but I still can’t stop searching!

So TUI Bristol to Sanford, 20th aug to 3rd sep, avanti resort £2671 14 nights
Or

Fly drive TUI £1998 14 nights but still need to buy insurance for car even though it’s a fly drive (weird as they include insurance with multi centre holidays that require car hire)

PROs - Bristol is 2hr drive from where we live and would be ideal to drive home.

Virgin holidays In store quote, same dates but from Gatwick to MCO stay sky suites on I drive, £2712

PROs breakfast included
Resort taxes included
Resort fees included
Disney springs luggage drop included
Pre select seats included

Always wanted to go on the big red bird
Both offer drinks etc in flight included
I would have said the exact opposite, without a deal (which is definitely the way things are headed) prices are going to go up. The £ is in a bad way now with the current uncertainty it will get much worse and as a result the prices you’re looking at now will seem a bargain.
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
I have always booked in April may when holidays was released and they only ever seemed to go up until the holiday, Disney or off site, at the moment prices are guessed as flight plans aren’t released yet so flight times could change and possible dates, with tui you can only fly out and back on a Thursday next year but this year it’s wednesdays, I have read up on brexit and nothing has changed for flights flying over Europe until end of dec 2020
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld

Edited at 04:22 PM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
Per person? I've priced up Rosen Plaza is £63 per room per night and sleeps up to four. Direct flights would be about £1000 per person.
No for 2 people
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am just the same OP! I have a list of 2019 prices ready to compare against 2020 deals. I am not booking anything pre Brexit decision though as a holiday isn’t a necessity and goodness only knows what impact this shambles will have on us all financially. For some extra self harm I’ve been reviewing what we’ve paid over the years 😂
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Why do you think prices will go down out of interest?
I paid £5500 for a Sapphire falls trip last year (i.e. after the brexit decisions destroyed the exchange rate)

Same trip for 2019 sits at £5400-5600 depending on whose website you look at and the position of the moons of Saturn at any given time.

Same trip for 2020 sits at £6200. Quite the jump imo, and given that the prices haven't moved at all (save for TC which went UP £70 then back down) I'm inclined to say they are pulling them out of their backsides right now.

If prices don't go down I'll be peeved. But then, brexit and all that. And the fact that I'm impatient as can be. Probably will end up booking something overpriced no doubt. Still, holding out atm.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List