Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Booking before free ddp offer

Wanting to book for August 2020 probably POFQ if free QSDP comes up. If ddp isn’t offered free for next year then we’ll settle for a Value resort and pay for QSDP. So, my question is, now that availability has gone online for next August do we wait for April and see if free dining comes up or do we book now and change when we know what’s happening with the ddp? I don’t want to miss the chance of getting a room at POFQ if availability is limited once the offer starts- will Disney just add free ddp onto an existing booking or would we need to cancel and start again?
Hope that makes sense. Thanks 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think it’s as straightforward as locking in a resort now and adding free dining. They have limited rooms available under free dining and what they’ll most likely do is cancel and rebook so I don’t know if you’re guaranteed to get what you want under the free dining offer just because it was available before. Personally I’d wait and book on release day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t know if anyone can give you a certain answer to this... We have booked for August 2020 through Ocean Florida, and they have agreed that ‘if’ free dining is available, and ‘if’ Disney allow it, they will add it on. We have done this previously with this company with no issues (the only thing is you have to buy tickets at the time of adding on the dining). We decided to go for it and are on high alert to make sure we call them to get it added on if / when free dining is announced. If it’s not offered, then we’ll probably downgrade accommodation. Hope that helps
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for the replies. They are really helpful so I’ll wait until free dining starts, fingers crossed. I think I’m just being over excited about booking once they appeared on the website 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Thank you for the replies. They are really helpful so I’ll wait until free dining starts, fingers crossed. I think I’m just being over excited about booking once they appeared on the website 😊
I think that is best decision. The hotel and room you want will either be available with dining plan or it won’t, in which case you won’t be able to add it on anyway. So I can’t see any benefit in booking now without it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

DON'T DO IT! just wait until April.
So much went wrong last year, also the availability for the UK allocation is going to be less for 2020 so more reason for things going wrong.

Also Agents that are telling you they will add it on, they wont. They will cancel your existing booking then rebook the holiday for you. Honestly waiting and booking direct with Disney is your best bet. They look after their customers first, especially when things go wrong.
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Free dining isnt available to all resorts and all rooms. Its a limited offer and once the allocation is booked then the resort shows as full, even though the resort wont be full and could show availability on the US site. (ie they could have 100 rooms, but only 5-10 could be offered on the free dinning).
If you book a room now and try to change, it will just mean you have to cancel that booking and start a new one, along with any cancellation fees.
Warning though, POFQ rarely has the free dining off, its been excluded in some previous years. When it is included the allocation is so small, the chance of getting it is slim.
Worth bearing in mind that the free dining doesnt always work out free. You maybe wanting a standard room, but the only room available on free dinning could be a premium room. This may then cost more than getting a standard room and paying for the the dining plan. Or you may really want a preferred room, but only standard are available on the free dining
So, you need to decide whats more important, the resort or free dining.
If you really want free dining, then have 2 or 3 resorts ready to choose from.
Oh, when a resort shows full during the free dining, it doesnt mean it will stay full. They sometimes get more allocation and rooms become available if people decide to change resort later on.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 03:14 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Free dining isnt available to all resorts and all rooms. Its a limited offer and once the allocation is booked then the resort shows as full, even though the resort wont be full and could show availability on the US site. (ie they could have 100 rooms, but only 5-10 could be offered on the free dinning).
If you book a room now and try to change, it will just mean you have to cancel that booking and start a new one, along with any cancellation fees.
Warning though, POFQ rarely has the free dining off, its been excluded in some previous years. When it is included the allocation is so small, the chance of getting it is slim.
Worth bearing in mind that the free dining doesnt always work out free. You maybe wanting a standard room, but the only room available on free dinning could be a premium room. This may then cost more than getting a standard room and paying for the the dining plan. Or you may really want a preferred room, but only standard are available on the free dining
So, you need to decide whats more important, the resort or free dining.
If you really want free dining, then have 2 or 3 resorts ready to choose from.
Oh, when a resort shows full during the free dining, it doesnt mean it will stay full. They sometimes get more allocation and rooms become available if people decide to change resort later on.
POFQ has always been included in the UK offer, it’s just the US offer that’s had much more restrictions on resorts. Usually if you get in quickly you can get a standard room although some of the deluxe resorts had no availability on standard rooms.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We booked last year for this year during the free dining offer. Unfortunately by the time we actually were in a position to book the $200 gift card had been cut to $100 and the standard rooms at POFQ were gone. We have ended up booking a standard room in CSR as it was hundreds of pounds cheaper than the POFQ option. We love POFQ but my budget isn't bottomless!
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Star87 View Post
DON'T DO IT! just wait until April.
So much went wrong last year, also the availability for the UK allocation is going to be less for 2020 so more reason for things going wrong.

Also Agents that are telling you they will add it on, they wont. They will cancel your existing booking then rebook the holiday for you. Honestly waiting and booking direct with Disney is your best bet. They look after their customers first, especially when things go wrong.
How do you know that the availability for the UK allocation is going to be less for 2020? I haven't seen it anywhere. Do you work for Disney or a travel agent? I can't see anyone knowing this otherwise.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List