Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd contact the police on non emergency 101 number and log it as a hate crime, which it is
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

EU site forum owners contacted me. Apparently I'm not alone. Others have been targeted. The IP address has been identified no idea what that is and they will ban that person. I have no idea how that works. But I'm still stepping away for a few months
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That is great news Tinks!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
EU site forum owners contacted me. Apparently I'm not alone. Others have been targeted. The IP address has been identified no idea what that is and they will ban that person. I have no idea how that works. But I'm still stepping away for a few months
banning the ip address will work for about 5 mins, then a quick google and you have a proxy server which will mean they can post again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Mobile

[QUOTE=matt987106;13701322]banning the ip address will work for about 5 mins, then a quick google and you have a proxy server which will mean they can post again[/QUOTE

Okay.

Then I'll leave the site and stick to this one. I'm leaving Facebook as well.

Those two and here are my only social media presence
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Tinkers, I'm glad you are staying on this forum so you can vote on all my polls.

Do you like my profile picture (apparently I look like a bloke callled Alan off the tv)?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

My niece, nephew and his girlfriend (all in their 20’s) had to leave all social media because of threats.

My niece was a sister at a large east London hospital, someone “took a liking” to her and her uniform, searched for her name on FB and started the verbal abuse & threats.

My nephew and his girlfriend are police officers in the Met based in east London and have been the subject of 2 physical attacks by wrong’uns they had arrested. Somehow others found them on FB and were threatening.

All 3 have moved 30 miles away from their work areas to reduce the chance of being recognised when off-duty. My niece gave up her job because she received absolutely no support for this nonsense she was subjected to. When she worked nights she was scared to walk to her car in the dark in case someone was waiting for her.

Social media makes it so easy for nutters to track people down and then blast them with shocking messages & threats.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Great! The IP address will pinpoint the location of that device/PC etc.
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's one of the reasons I've never used my real name on FB. It's a variation on it and easily recognisable to friends but not to nutters.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It's one of the reasons I've never used my real name on FB. It's a variation on it and easily recognisable to friends but not to nutters.
I’m leaving FB and then Creating a me profile