Notices

Old 26 Nov 11, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Decided it was high time I started the Christmas shopping today did quite well and while I was out I also found this...

Its fab lots of useful sections

Planning; sub divided into Personal,Travel details, Planning and packing, Itineries
Places: sub divided into Places to stay, places to eat, Places to visit,
Journal: Plenty of space to make notes of what we did etc.
International information: Useful things like dialing codes conversion tables and more blank pages.
Useful Addresses: Lots of space for addresses home and away.
Notes: So many pages I feel both a Food report and a Trip report may be in order!
Map Holder in the front: very useful for those park maps I always end up ripping mine by stuffing them in the side of my backpack!

Also came across a bargain section in the same shop and randomly picked up a little thing which turned out to be a pop out Orlando map with WDW resort map and pictures of the area I wont use it but at 30p it will make a great stocking filler for DD!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 11, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Its been a hectic couple of weeks what with writing school reports and making 3 icicle costumes for the school play (thats what you get if you are the CDT teacher and your DD gets the part of an icicle you get "volunteered" to make all of them costumes!) Anyway here is DD in her costume.

In between all this I had an email from Charter Travel to say that our seats are now booked so I emailed back to ask if we had the ones I had requested and whether we will be flying on an A330 or a 747. I have asked for seats towards the back of the plane so that I dont have far to take DD if she needs the toilet but not right next to them and also want a window seat and if that isnt fussy enough we want to sit on the right hand side on the way out and then on the left on the way back, now I am not mad it is so that if it is clear we might get a view of New York and swapping sides gives us twice the chance!

So Andy just called which threw me as not many men call and say Hi Tanya in such a way that makes me think I should know their voice, I did a quick run through of is it Dad, brother, Uncle etc before deciding I didnt recognise his voice and then told him so which he seemed a bit upset about, oops! Anyway we will be flying on a 747 which I love and Andy just told me that one of his customers just flew on a revamped one and thought he was flying on a brand new plane. Our seat numbers are 60 K and J on the way out and 59 A and B on the way back now this isnt quite far enough back for me as it puts us in a 3 rather than on the 2 seats which I prefer but that is as far back as we can book at the moment but Andy says that the others will open up at on line check in and I can move them, not that it is a big deal really we got what I really wanted, window seats and right and left side of the plane, so all in all very happy. Oh and whilst I am on the subject I would just like to say that so far I cant fault CT as they are very prompt in their replies, very friendly and helpful.

Edited at 11:31 PM.
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 11, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Thats an awesome costume! You are very talented

Don't worry about the seat requests - we had similar thoughts on ours xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 11, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Sounds great lovely photo of you and DD
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 11, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Thats an awesome costume! You are very talented

Don't worry about the seat requests - we had similar thoughts on ours xx
Thank you it was the gem stones that took an age to do unfortunately you cant see her ballet shoes they were a real pain to do the first time around the glue didnt take to the leather and they all dropped off I had to do them all again with super glue!
Old 10 Dec 11, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Seaworldfan View Post
Sounds great lovely photo of you and DD
Thank you!
Old 14 Dec 11, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... had a letter from Charter Travel today telling me that Virgin Atlantic have changed the flight times, seems that instead of return flight leaving at 19.30 it will now leave at 20.50 that means we will have to spend another hour and a half in one of the parks on departure day! Can you tell I'm devastated?!
Old 3 Jan 12, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So here we are in 2012 and I can finally say "this year we are going to Disney!" also over the christmas period waved goodbye to the 300+ day counter and now into the 200+ counter yay!

It was a fairly quiet Christmas as my parents dont "do" christmas and so they escaped to Goa for 3 weeks and as Raf (my dog) isnt welcome at my sisters Connie, Raf and I stayed at home but we did go over to my Uncles for the day, which was great. There were 12 of us including 4 children all girls Connie refers to her second cousins as her sisters there is 4 years age difference between the oldest and the yougest (Connie) and so most of the time they get on great! My uncle owns a prep school where most of the family work Mum, Dad, Cousins x 2, me, so I was quite pleased this year when my Uncle added a new domestic science room because my cousin Becky, our friend Janna and I were responsible for cooking the christmas dinner we had 4 brand new ovens, 2 microwaves and all the essential equipment at our disposal. We did 3 types of meat and a whole oven of roast potatoes just because we could!

Santa was generous with his gifts again this year one of which was the Cinderella castle from WDW. I spotted it on our trip in August and so did Connie and it was a bargain less than $80 and I wanted to get it for her but it is in BIG box so first I tried to see if I could get it posted back but it would have cost almost the same as buying which was out of the question. Next I wondered if it would fit in my enormous holdall so took that down to the hotel shop got a CM to destract Connie while another CM and I tried to get it in the holdall but no joy. On the last night I was so under weight for our luggage (23kg for both of us) that after going to MK to watch a final Wishes and Connie fast a sleep on my shoulder I went back to the hotel shop and they said they could put it in a packing box to transport home so I paid for it and said I would pick it up in the morning before we left.

Now this is when being a single parent has some disadvantages after struggling with the bags down to reception I had 2 hand luggage bags and 2 big suitcases to contend with, luckily the travel rep was by the door doing her usual morning visit so she said she would watch our bags while we popped to the shop to pick up the castle. In the shop they hadnt been able to find a packing box and so they had just put it in a black bag! Connie said "what's that Mummy?" and I said the first thing that came out of my mouth which was "oh just some tea towels for Grandma" I have no idea why I said that because this castle in a black sack was E N O R M O U S! Anyway she believed me. The driver to take us back to the airport saw me struggling to make it out of the hotel with all the luggage and came over to help (he got a good tip for that) but when we got to Sanford what didnt they have? Trolleys! poor Connie had to wear her backpack and pull her case while I did a splendid balancing act with the castle and the rest of the luggage whilst encouraging Connie to keep going and not to take out too many other passengers with her dodgy manouvering skills! I was really worried that the Castle would get rejected at check in because of the dubious packing but no they stuck a luggage label on it and put it down the fragile lane. Thought that might be the last I saw of it convinced that the black bag would tear off in transit and then no one would know who it belonged to. At Manchester it was the very first thing off and not a single rip in the bag. Fitting it in the car with all the other bags was fun but with a bit of wiggling I managed it, drove it all the way home and then didnt have anywhere to hide it, it was too big, so I put it on the utlilty room ledge and that is where it stayed until Christmas eve and do you know Connie didnt ask any more questions about it, not once! But she was super thrilled with Santa for knowing that she really wanted it!

The Castle!

And I know its a bit late but thought you might like to have a go at spotting the hidden mickey on our Christmas tree

I had a lovely present from my Aunt and Uncle they bought me a Kindle so Christmas night first book to be downloaded was The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2012 (at nearly 900 pages long the actual book is hefty) closely followed by Mousetrapped (which I have read and really enjoyed). Never thought I would say this but I am a Kindle convert and have already got a whole category called Florida and this will be in my hand luggage when we go in October.

Anyway that's it for now only thing to say is that if you notice the odd M missing it is because I was a bit too enthusastic with the dusting last week and pulled the M key off my laptop it is stuck back on but a bit temperamental when pressed!
Old 3 Jan 12, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
ah what a wonderful read and what a wonderful mummy you are, I agree going to WDW in May last year was the best holiday me and my 3 children had, like you I never once had to think what no, where are we going etc etc... although I had planned it like a military operation and apart from 1 day it all went to plan.. And like you I do alot of camping with the kids and can empathise with entertaining them in the rain while putting up a tent.

Connie is such a beauty, love the photo of you both by the castle, and I agree the photo pass is worth every single penny, I loved all 900 of my photo's (not sure the person in asda who developed them did... or my bank balance! )

I to wanted to get Emma the castle but unlike you didn't as couldnt' fit it in, and like you had to manage the luggage with 3 kids in tow is like a comedy scene... but we did it.

Enjoy your new christmas present.. and I can't wait to share you journey with you and Connie.x
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

just catching up - love the planning journal and your Xmas sounds lovely
its 2012 - how exciting is that ? look forward to reading more of your plans
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List