Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Nov 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

At long last the next day is up 😀 As we mentioned, the report is going to take a while as we can only write together when Georgia has time home so it may be Xmas for the next few instalments (which will be moving away from Ho Chi Minh to Hoi An)
However, today’s epic adventure is Day 2, link in index, features Emperor Jade Pagoda, Walking Street and an amazing restaurant. It was great fun to write with Georgia again and relive the brilliant day 😀

Edited at 05:50 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, the size of that Banh Mi. They are on our list to try, not sure I fancy some of the stuff they put in it though!
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I ate Banh Mi every day for breakfast. With just butter on it. They were so light and fluffy. I couldn't get enough of them.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
Wow, the size of that Banh Mi. They are on our list to try, not sure I fancy some of the stuff they put in it though!
The Bahn Mi’s are huge and very cheap. Definitely one of the things you should try in Vietnam.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

I’m really enjoying your trip report, Vietnam is not a place I would think of to visit but your report is absolutely fascinating and the photos are great. Looking forward to reading the rest and I might have to add this to the list if places I must visit in the future! Thank you for posting.
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
I’m really enjoying your trip report, Vietnam is not a place I would think of to visit but your report is absolutely fascinating and the photos are great. Looking forward to reading the rest and I might have to add this to the list if places I must visit in the future! Thank you for posting.
I’m so pleased you are enjoying the report. We love writing it up as it brings back great memories of the trip. Georgia is home again in two weeks time so we are hoping to get another day posted then, it’s slowly getting there 😀

We would never have considered Vietnam if it weren’t for Ian working there but we really loved it and definitely would recommend a holiday there
Old 5 May 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gr8WideSomewher
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I love morning glory! My favourite local Chinese does it and we always order it when we go.

I have never been to Vietnam but I remember my parents having a similar reaction to the museum that you did - a must-do but very emotional.

Fab day, thanks for sharing!
Gr8WideSomewher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gr8WideSomewher View Post
I love morning glory! My favourite local Chinese does it and we always order it when we go.

I have never been to Vietnam but I remember my parents having a similar reaction to the museum that you did - a must-do but very emotional.

Fab day, thanks for sharing!
I do wish our local Chinese sold it, I’ve looked for water spinach in supermarkets since we’ve been home to try to make my own but haven’t found any sadly 😢

It was very sobering visiting the museum, definitely couldn’t have missed it but not an enjoyable place to see. I hope the report encourages you to visit Vietnam, it really is a beautiful country. As we were visiting our son we concentrated on just Ho Chi Minh and Hoi An, but if/when we return we would love to visit some of the other areas too