Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile On hold with Disney-Trying to link hotel! Keep me entertained...

I have been on hold with Disney International now home line (hopefully the right one haha) for an hour! 🤣

My ticket is linked (I bought it directly through Disney- thank god!) but my hotel code won’t! Booked through BA.

I’m still trying to do so while waiting. Any techs out there? Or anyone who just knows more than me?

My email from BA back in January had my Disney code - 7 digits.

On BA Manage My Booking, the code has an extra 3 digits at the start, starts with 2, so presents as 2**-******. No combination (7 or 10, dash or no dash) has worked, likewise with my title in brackets which the initial email suggested. Can’t get through to BA. So trying Disney! I want to be in the first group to book parks because none of us have a clue how fast bookings will go! Trips not till October anyway (if the borders open!)

Has anyone else managed to solve this themselves? Obviously I will just stay on the line and hope they can help. I can’t remember my MDE password so I’m still logged in on my phone but can’t get in on my laptop (password reset email still hasn’t arrived) so annoying! Not sure if different levels of technology makes a difference?

Oh man, all the Disney music when you’re on hold makes me want to go so bad! I just hope booking goes well, surely if they can manage the technology for thousands FPs each day their reservation system will be ok? Let’s hope!

The music currently is Wild West themed, I want to go on Thunder Mountain! My favourite!

What’s your favourite ride?

I remember loosing my new Donald Duck character hat on Thunder as a kid (because I was stubborn and refused to take it off! ) What has anyone else lost on rides?
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I called to cancel our booking this morning at dead on 9am when the lines opened and the automated message said I had 161 minutes to wait till my call would be answered!

While I was on hold on the house phone I thought I would do a wee experiment and called with my mobile and opted for a call back instead of holding. They called me back on my mobile within 45 minutes!

I used the time I was waiting very wisely, I had a wee cup of tea and a sweetie and did some Dibbing
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had visitors pop by to chat in the garden 2 and a half hours in! I gave up then - I wanted to talk to my friends!

Trying to decide whether to call back now or try early tomorrow...
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thinking about it, I don’t think I had the call back option! Can I be cheeky and ask which number you called Gabsnoot?
Old 20 Jun 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Mobile

I just called the number on the email I got about the new theme park booking system, 0800 169 0730
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How strange, that’s the one I’ve done!

Tried again, this time I spoke to someone after half an hour. He asked for my code and said have I managed to speak with BA - I said they don’t want to know because it’s too far ahead so I can’t get through. He was very nice, said he would pass me through to reservations and put through my info for someone to pull up and said hold the line I’ll transfer you- that was half an hour ago!

The line has just play Pirates of the Caribbean music and I honestly can smell the ride - hehe!
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, you have the patience of a saint . Fingers crossed you get it all sorted soon.
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

2 hours 20 minutes later on take 2 - The code BA has given me doesn’t show up on the Disney system! Disney CM said this is really common when people book through 3rd parties - the number I have is a reference number for BA rather than for Disney. So I need to call BA tomorrow! Oh I think this going to be fun...

I know that I can book reservations from the 28th (I think?!) as my ticket is linked but I don’t want to risk missing out because hotel guests got all reservations... especially when I am a hotel guest!