Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jun 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The CSR rooms to me look far superior in finish, not stayed there yet but looked at both for next year, and have chosen CSR. I was surprised it was cheaper that CBR but I think it’s the skyline that has increased its costs

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When are you going? We’re staying at CSR in August so I’m in a FB group for CSR. The only negatives I’ve seen were in May when they had a lot of cheerleader groups staying, who seemed to takeover. Otherwise the resort and facilities look fabulous - the new restaurant at the top of the tower, and the one on the lake look lovely.
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm also a member of the FB group. It is a great source of information and has lots of photos of the resort.
Just a thought that I am sure you have already considered, do you think your DS would be comfortable travelling in the Skyliner? There is no air conditioning on board and as the system is not yet up and running, no-one has any idea of what the queues will be like.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We are staying in Coronado in September, we had a quick visit last September and it looks amazing!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Never stayed at Coronado but had a good look around last summer. Felt it was a nice resort but out of the way. CBR location is perfect for everything. Probably very little difference in rooms.if you can save money then I’d book whichever resort was cheaper.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Never stayed at Coronado but had a good look around last summer. Felt it was a nice resort but out of the way. CBR location is perfect for everything. Probably very little difference in rooms.if you can save money then I’d book whichever resort was cheaper.
Someone posted distances/times on another thread about this a few weeks ago and there’s very little in it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

[QUOTE=sha9;13880655]Someone posted distances/times on another thread about this a few weeks ago and there’s very little in it.[/QUOT

Yes the roads have improved dramatically over the last few years. Everything seems so close now. Coronado is near blizzard beach which was once classed as away from the main parks. But to be honest your probably right. I just found CBR was great for Hollywood studios magic kingdom Epcot and downtown area. CBR will be a massive plus with the skyliner. I think it’s a game changer for transport. No waiting for buses or driving to oversize parking lots.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=myaquarium;13880686]
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Someone posted distances/times on another thread about this a few weeks ago and there’s very little in it.[/QUOT

Yes the roads have improved dramatically over the last few years. Everything seems so close now. Coronado is near blizzard beach which was once classed as away from the main parks. But to be honest your probably right. I just found CBR was great for Hollywood studios magic kingdom Epcot and downtown area. CBR will be a massive plus with the skyliner. I think it’s a game changer for transport. No waiting for buses or driving to oversize parking lots.
The Skyliner is what put me off CBR to be honest. I think it’s a great big eyesore and the thought of dangling over a busy road horrifies me 😱.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=sha9;13880760]
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
The Skyliner is what put me off CBR to be honest. I think it’s a great big eyesore and the thought of dangling over a busy road horrifies me 😱.
I agree. And it has no AC
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I'm thinking of changing from CBR to CSR it was my ex husbands choice but I've never been stuck on it, I like the idea of using the skyliner & I suspect this will influence the prices in years to come. I really like the look of CSR as a whole & the rooms look much nicer, it will just be me & my daughter (15) so don't need the 5th bed 😀