Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I've been really enjoying your Bare Necessities trip report and really excited to see you're staying at CBR when were are. We'll be there 8-15th August 🙂 We don't have our flights booked however as I'm hoping there will be Christmas sales that give us a good price. I'll be reading along to see how your planning goes and it was really lovely reading the stories behind your previous trips too.
CBR is a fab resort, well it was pre skyliner and I'm sure it still is. Hopefully we will bump into you around the pool or at the bus stop! Don't worry about the flights you've got loads of time yet, there will be something coming up after Christmas in the sales I'm sure of it.

I just saw that the July park hours for wdw are up and so I can start to think about the first 5 days or so of our stay which is pretty exciting! ADR day will be upon us before we know it. I've got a little over a month to make some decisions and I'm very up in the air about it all. I'm going to put some serious effort into reading menus after Christmas so that I can narrow down my choices.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lovely start to your trip report with the history of all your previous trips. 22 nights is certainly a monster trip. We overlap some as we arrive on the 5th August and leave on 23rd.

You got some bargain flights there but you are certainly going to have to pay for them with the extra hotel nights. I'm really looking forward to hearing about where you decide to stay the extra nights and your plans for the different parks.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Really enjoyed the history of you WDW journey I am a few trips behind you but feel exaxtly the same about wanting an annual trip to WDW...Not sure how DH feels about that lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a lovely start to your trip report with the history of all your previous trips. 22 nights is certainly a monster trip. We overlap some as we arrive on the 5th August and leave on 23rd.

You got some bargain flights there but you are certainly going to have to pay for them with the extra hotel nights. I'm really looking forward to hearing about where you decide to stay the extra nights and your plans for the different parks.
I came over all nostalgic and couldn't help myself but give a bit of a back story! It was fun to look at all the old photos. My reasoning was that it all started for us at CBR and so I was looking at the photos of the resort and reminding myself how beautiful it was. In the end I decided I had to share some of them.

The 22 nights is going to be epic. Last summer and the one before at 16 are the longest we've done. I'm not entirely sure how we will cope with just 1 room between the 4 of us. Fingers crossed we don't get on each others nerves too much.

The 23rd is my wedding anniversary. That's exciting that we overlap. Maybe we can have a big dibb meet up as there are a few dibbers out in August.

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Really enjoyed the history of you WDW journey I am a few trips behind you but feel exaxtly the same about wanting an annual trip to WDW...Not sure how DH feels about that lol
Somehow our every other year trips turned into once a year. I'm sure Dave is worried it will end up being twice a year! Last year me and Kate had a sneaky February half term trip to DLP, so technically we did do two Disney trips last year.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Lovely reading about your plans and previous trips.
We're flying Lufthansa this year on the 26th of July from Heathrow via Frankfurt to Tampa. Back in the 24th of August.
Never flown Lufthansa before but the reviews seem positive so far.
On with the planning!
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Lovely reading about your plans and previous trips.
We're flying Lufthansa this year on the 26th of July from Heathrow via Frankfurt to Tampa. Back in the 24th of August.
Never flown Lufthansa before but the reviews seem positive so far.
On with the planning!
Brilliant we will give you a wave at the airport then and see you somewhere over the Atlantic

Our LHR flight is the 8.30 am flight to Frankfurt which gives us a longer connection time as the flight to MCO is 1.55pm. I'm looking forward to flying with them as I've seen some positive reviews, but to be honest it's just a means of getting there, which is why we have used so many different airlines! I have no brand loyalty when it comes to flights. Cheapest always wins out.

Old 1 Jan 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Loved your summary of all the previous trips, and seeing your kids grow up in the photos, it is lovely they still enjoy it too, I hope mine will be the same.

Great bargain on the flights, and 3 weeks will be lovely, however long we go it never seems to be enough, I think we had 18 nights last summer and I could definitely have filled three weeks!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Loved your summary of all the previous trips, and seeing your kids grow up in the photos, it is lovely they still enjoy it too, I hope mine will be the same.

Great bargain on the flights, and 3 weeks will be lovely, however long we go it never seems to be enough, I think we had 18 nights last summer and I could definitely have filled three weeks!
The kids have changed so much, it's odd looking back at them in the old photos from our first trip. They look so little. I'm glad they still love it too.

I was only thinking yesterday that 22 nights might not be enough ridiculous really

Old 2 Jan 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We had our first stay at CBR in December. It was amazing. I can’t comment on what it was like pre skyliner obviously but I have to say we were blown away by the skyliner. We had a great location for the stations and we could leave our room and be in HS 15m later. Amazing. So much better than the buses! Even exiting the park after fireworks there was hardly any queue as it loads so quickly. Epcot is just slightly further away. Really an amazing addition to Disney transportation!
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
We had our first stay at CBR in December. It was amazing. I can’t comment on what it was like pre skyliner obviously but I have to say we were blown away by the skyliner. We had a great location for the stations and we could leave our room and be in HS 15m later. Amazing. So much better than the buses! Even exiting the park after fireworks there was hardly any queue as it loads so quickly. Epcot is just slightly further away. Really an amazing addition to Disney transportation!
I'm glad you loved CBR, because it's my first wdw resort that I loved.

I think the skyliner will be fab and 15 minutes resort to park is great.

I hope you enjoy reading about our plans

Edited at 01:12 PM.