Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jun 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Discovery cove

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but discovery cove had blocked out certain dates on their booking calendar.
I emailed them and they replied saying they will be closed Tuesday-Thursday for the rest of the year.
My booking is a Tuesday so unsure of what happens now, I booked with a third party so will email them tomorrow but I guess all they can do is move my dates which would probably cost more? give me my deposit back? Change to just SeaWorld tickets?

So unsure of what to do.
I’m concerned that our flights will go and we won’t be able to refund but we will end up in Orlando with nothing to do for 2+ weeks.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but discovery cove had blocked out certain dates on their booking calendar.
I emailed them and they replied saying they will be closed Tuesday-Thursday for the rest of the year.
My booking is a Tuesday so unsure of what happens now, I booked with a third party so will email them tomorrow but I guess all they can do is move my dates which would probably cost more? give me my deposit back? Change to just SeaWorld tickets?

So unsure of what to do.
I’m concerned that our flights will go and we won’t be able to refund but we will end up in Orlando with nothing to do for 2+ weeks.
I didn’t know this either and I have a Thursday booking also through a third party seller (Attraction Tickets).
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
I didn’t know this either and I have a Thursday booking also through a third party seller (Attraction Tickets).
I’ll update when I’ve spoken to my ticket seller I booked with Orlando attraction tickets

They did say though that dolphin swims will be going ahead in august and that if you have a booking already you are guaranteed entry.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
I’ll update when I’ve spoken to my ticket seller I booked with Orlando attraction tickets

They did say though that dolphin swims will be going ahead in august and that if you have a booking already you are guaranteed entry.
I’ve spoken with AT and they’ve said Discovery Cove are contacting affected ticket holders to offer alternate dates.
It feels a little like AT are passing the book as it’s pretty much what they’ve said about Disney tickets.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
I’ve spoken with AT and they’ve said Discovery Cove are contacting affected ticket holders to offer alternate dates.
It feels a little like AT are passing the book as it’s pretty much what they’ve said about Disney tickets.
I’ve spoken to Orlando attraction tickets and they said they are happy to swap the dates and gave me some date options not sure if there will be an extra charge for this they didn’t mention one though.

Hope you manage to get sorted with yours feel like it’s been kept quite quiet! I know SeaWorld are doing a booking system too I’m waiting to find out how that will work
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I got it in writing from AT (well in chat transcript) that should I move my tickets for DC to 2021 they will match the price I paid for 2020 (in black Friday sale).

"we would quote a price to you and if it is more expensive then we can honour the price you paid"
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Discovery Cove are allowing people to move their booking to any date next year. This change can be done free of charge and they are honoring the original price you paid. I.e pay no extra. Your ticket provider should really honor this as well. When you contact them point this out to them. Its costing them no more, so shouldn't cost you anymore
Mighty Lion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

We’re booked for a Thursday, does anyone know if there is an option for a refund? Can’t see anything on their website x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve contacted Seaworld Parks UK after my discussion with AT.
I’m waiting for a response as I can’t change my dates for next year but if you go on the DC website there are dates over the weekend, however the prices are almost double what we paid.

I’ll post if/when I get a response.
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mighty Lion View Post
Discovery Cove are allowing people to move their booking to any date next year. This change can be done free of charge and they are honoring the original price you paid. I.e pay no extra. Your ticket provider should really honor this as well. When you contact them point this out to them. Its costing them no more, so shouldn't cost you anymore
This is the problem though, we can’t go next year, that is why a date swap to next year is out of the question. They’re not offering a chance to swap to a date this year although they do look available, and they’re trying to say a refund isn’t possible without losing the deposit. I personally think that this is wrong, it is not the fault of anyone that this has happened however these companies seem to be holding on to money for something they can not provide, which I thought was against the law.