Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
No reservations for universal and if you’re staying in one of their onsite hotels you’re included in their park capacity figures.
This is the main reason I've switched from Disney to Universal. The fact that the Universal hotel I'll be staying in (Sapphire Falls) is £693 less than my Disney hotel was (POFQ) is no bad thing either! It's for 7 days and that difference will easily cover my food.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sutigger
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
I think it will be done on MDE and like fast passes you will only be able to book one park.
You will only be able to book one park each day, but the problem is when people book out every day just in case, even if they have other plans. This happens all the time with fast passes. People book them in advance, then go to a different attraction on that day but don't free up the fast passes just in case they change their mind.
Sutigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Sutigger View Post
You will only be able to book one park each day, but the problem is when people book out every day just in case, even if they have other plans. This happens all the time with fast passes. People book them in advance, then go to a different attraction on that day but don't free up the fast passes just in case they change their mind.
If it's anything like the Shanghai system, then you'll only be able to book 1 park (or perhaps each one of the WDW parks - so 4 in total) in a 6 day window. And you'll only be able to book another once you've used one reservation.

So it's like fastpasses but instead of booking 3 per day and you can book more once you've used them, with park reservations you may only be able to book 4 reservations per week and only be able to book more once you've used one (or all of them). Subject to availability, of course.

This is just a guess though. Disney hasn't said how it will work yet.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
Apologies Nimbus I’ve only just seen this.

Link to hotel faqs on official Universal site here universalorlando/web...hotels-resorts

Thanks for that.

Interesting wording. It doesn't actually answer with a 'yes' or a 'no'. I wonder how it works? If the parks supposedly reach capacity at 11am and they stop letting offsite guests in, does this mean if hundreds of onsite guests turn up at 11:30am they'll let them in? If so, it implies the park hasn't actually reached capacity then.

It also implies that each park's capacity must be greater than the total number of onsite guests.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It’s shocking if you can only book up to x amount of days if x amount of days is as low as 4 or 5.
If you have a 14 or 21 day ticket you should be allowed to book that many days. I wouldn’t be at all happy (we would cancel) if we had a 14 day ticket but could only reserve the first few days ahead of time. Surely they can’t expect Brits to fly to Orlando and sit in their hotel room for ten days!

I appreciate we don’t know any of this as yet but Disney Shanghai is a very different place to WDW so hopefully such a similar system won’t be how it’s going to be.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
It’s shocking if you can only book up to x amount of days if x amount of days is as low as 4 or 5.
If you have a 14 or 21 day ticket you should be allowed to book that many days. I wouldn’t be at all happy (we would cancel) if we had a 14 day ticket but could only reserve the first few days ahead of time. Surely they can’t expect Brits to fly to Orlando and sit in their hotel room for ten days!
Well, you don't have to sit in your hotel room - there are plenty of other things to see and do in Orlando.

But, unfortunately, Disney may not have any choice but to restrict people to x amount of days at the parks. These are not normal times, there will be restrictions, and that might mean that the number of days you can visit Disney could be restricted. In order to allow everyone to visit at least some of the time they may have to put limitations on the number of days you can book, the same as they do with fastpasses.

It's either that or they'll implement a "first come, first served" system. Those that can get onto the Disney app first will book all the days, leaving those who are a bit slow with no park reservations at all. Which seems a bit unfair to me.

Or we can hope that all these restrictions will put off enough people so that significant numbers cancel their trip and therefore there will be plenty of park reservations for everyone who are still going.

We'll have to wait and see.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 11 Jun 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Is there any information as to when the booking system for Disney will be launched?
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AlanScotland View Post
Is there any information as to when the booking system for Disney will be launched?
Nothing new as yet I’m afraid
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Thanks for that.

Interesting wording. It doesn't actually answer with a 'yes' or a 'no'. I wonder how it works? If the parks supposedly reach capacity at 11am and they stop letting offsite guests in, does this mean if hundreds of onsite guests turn up at 11:30am they'll let them in? If so, it implies the park hasn't actually reached capacity then.

It also implies that each park's capacity must be greater than the total number of onsite guests.
I'd assume their capacity number is baselined with the number of onsite guests. I.e (Random Numbers incoming) if capacity is 10,000 in the park, and they know they have 5000 onsite guests, then they'll only let 5000 offsite guests in. While the total capacity may not have been reached, offsite capacity may have done.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
irnman
Proud to wear my Ears

Id imagine they would have to accommodate the ticket and give you 14 days worth of attractions, otherwise you could quite rightly ask for a refund and have a downgraded ticket i.e 7 day pass, 1 day pass etc...
I could understand a limit being imposed on annual pass holders in that they could have 4 parks for every week...
But I have a feeling that Disney is looking at the ticket numbers and are thinking there system will be okay.

Had no issues with Busch Gardens or sea world earlier tbh
Disney Tokyo 2020
irnman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List