Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Easiest driving route to DLP

Following on from my other thread (thanks again, SavaSnoopy!) I've just found a file showing the easiest route, but it says this:

"Roads from Calais are... A16, A26, A1, A3, A104, A4"

I thought it was just 2 roads from the Eurotunnel and am a bit scared now! I could look this all up on a map but does anybody know off the top of the head whether this route is the easy '2 roads only' one that people use? I'm thinking that sometimes one road is suddenly called another road but you're not actually getting onto a new road, iyswim?

TIA!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yep, this is the standard way. You'd only be on the A16 for a few miles, then you'll be on the A26 for a good hour, then the A1 for a good hour. You exit the A1 straight after you drive under the CDG runway (from here you'll begin to see DLP Mickey Roadsigns). Forget about the A3, your only on it as you merge into the A104 (from leaving the A1 you're approx 30-40 mins from DLP...think of the A104 as being a bit like the M25, eventually you'll join the A4. DLP has its own exit. Total journey approx 2.45 hr
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

Yeah, it's basically the A26 and then the A1. The other roads probably make up 10 minutes at the start of the journey and maybe 25-30 at the end (but in this bit you will have lots of clear and obvious DLP signs). Honestly, as journeys in foreign countries go, it is about as easy as you could possibly get.
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

Remember most phone contracts now cover you in France too so if you have Google Maps on your phone it'll give you traffic updates too. We've driven the journey a dozen times and it really is very easy. But those first roads are toll roads, so don't forget to take that into account - 26euros total or about that from memory, but that means they are pretty quiet compared to anything I'm used to over here. Remember speed limit drops when it rains too, the one major difference to us (apart from everything being on the other side of the road of course).
wycombedad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Hi it is not that bad really and plenty of signs when you get closer to Disney as others have said.

SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List