Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 25 Nov 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Cheese is a marvellous, wonderful, delicious thing - you go Poot!

These are too cute. I am impressed at you not wearing flats... I never wear heels unless I can help it.
I've got one leg shorter than the other and for a while had a little wedge I would put into my shoes to try and lessen the difference. It would go fine in shoes like your Vans, but this wasn't really to add height so i'm not sure if a lifting insole would work. Sorry, that didn't help AT ALL.

I do think they are super cute though.

Thank you for sharing your haul, you bought some great stuff.

I was going to do one for our trip but we've opened/eaten/worn/used almost everything now so not sure it would be as good!

Poot's jacket with the patches is super cool.

I was going to ask how you felt about nuts in chocolate (like Reeses) after your expression of disgust at nuts in the brownie. Now I know
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my all time favourite combinations so I am happy to see peanut butter choccy being stocked up on.

Doesn't help now but I went to a coffee shop in Washington DC that did peanut butter mocha. Mmmmmmmm

Love your selection of books from the library sale, lucky that they don't weigh hand luggage!

Shame they didn't have any decent merchandise at the figure skating, especially when you think of the clientele - cute mittens/hats/scarves with embroidery/diamante details, or hoodies/fleece in nice colours with understated embroidery, or cool back prints would have been popular I reckon.

I liked having a nosy at your haul, thank for sharing!
We all LOVE peanut butter and chocolate. Have you had the No Way José at Beaches and Cream? I have tried to duplicate the peanut butter "sauce" (which I suspected was just melted peanut butter) but no joy. I assume the American PB has more oil - or corn syrup - or something - that makes it melt and pour more easily.

Later last year I DID put lifting insoles in my black Alice hightops:

...which felt odd at first, but which I got used to. The low shoes continue to live in their box, to my shame.

My mother also has one leg shorter than the other - she broke a leg ice skating when she was six. So she has to have all of her trousers hemmed, poor thing.

And ooh, shame - I would have liked to have see your shopping report/haul. Will you think even less of me if I admit that there are a couple of really long Tokyo Disneyland hauls that I have watched MORE THAN ONCE?

The best Tokyo Disneyland hauls (IMHO) are DaydreamerVlogs'.

And...OK...I have tried to put the link it for her haul playlist but it won't work! But if you Google "Natsu Matsuri Haul 2017" you should see DaydreamerVlogs pop up. Oh, WHY can't we get the awesome Japanese merch in the West?

Speaking of merch, the situation was the same at the Gymnastics as it was at the skating - just boring grey, black and white t-shirts and hoodies. And the hoodies were 90 dollars! Two words, organisers: PICTURE FRAME. I would TOTALLY buy a frame in which to put a snap of my "party" at the event. But as you say, I would also have been WAY more likely to buy clothing if it didn't look like something straight out of HM Prison Holloway.

Ooh, fun fact - R.C. was actually born in Holloway, though not at the prison, obviously.

Thanks so much for all of your amazing comments on this TR. You are one classy lady.

Edited at 11:08 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
We all LOVE peanut butter and chocolate. Have you had the No Way José at Beaches and Cream? I have tried to duplicate the peanut butter "sauce" (which I suspected was just melted peanut butter) but no joy. I assume the American PB has more oil - or corn syrup - or something - that makes it melt and pour more easily.
Hmmm, I have seen American peanut butter (it was either Jif or Skippy) in my local Sainsbos. May have to get some and try the microwave melting. Would be so good on chocolate cake and ice cream...

And ooh, shame - I would have liked to have see your shopping report/haul. Will you think even less of me if I admit that there are a couple of really long Tokyo Disneyland hauls that I have watched MORE THAN ONCE?

The best Tokyo Disneyland hauls (IMHO) are DaydreamerVlogs'.

And...OK...I have tried to put the link it for her haul playlist but it won't work! But if you Google "Natsu Matsuri Haul 2017" you should see DaydreamerVlogs pop up. Oh, WHY can't we get the awesome Japanese merch in the West?
I am home alone tonight, so that is my viewing sorted! They do have such cute merchandise that is really varied over in the Asia parks. I have a feeling that watching the haul videos may end up with me pricing a trip to Tokyo though, DisneySea really appeals.

Speaking of merch, the situation was the same at the Gymnastics as it was at the skating - just boring grey, black and white t-shirts and hoodies. And the hoodies were 90 dollars! Two words, organisers: PICTURE FRAME. I would TOTALLY buy a frame in which to put a snap of my "party" at the event. But as you say, I would also have been WAY more likely to buy clothing if it didn't look like something straight out of HM Prison Holloway.
Right?! Know your audience people! Some nice scarves and hats perhaps, with a little sparkle or embroidery showing the event logo, patches, postcards, jewellery, bag charms, little pouches that can be used for cables/make up/pens, those cream coloured tote bags or the bags you put in a pouch to carry in your handbag... so many options and they go for basic sweatshirts and tshirts *eye roll*

Thanks so much for all of your amazing comments on this TR. You are one classy lady.
You are welcome! Thank you for writing such a funny, entertaining and detailed report. It has been so fun to read and given me some real travel ideas of my own.

Please also thank Poot for his book recommendations. I don't know much about American History so look forward to knowing a little more and getting an idea of setting through the novels.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Hmmm, I have seen American peanut butter (it was either Jif or Skippy) in my local Sainsbos. May have to get some and try the microwave melting. Would be so good on chocolate cake and ice cream...

I am home alone tonight, so that is my viewing sorted! They do have such cute merchandise that is really varied over in the Asia parks. I have a feeling that watching the haul videos may end up with me pricing a trip to Tokyo though, DisneySea really appeals.

Right?! Know your audience people! Some nice scarves and hats perhaps, with a little sparkle or embroidery showing the event logo, patches, postcards, jewellery, bag charms, little pouches that can be used for cables/make up/pens, those cream coloured tote bags or the bags you put in a pouch to carry in your handbag... so many options and they go for basic sweatshirts and tshirts *eye roll*

You are welcome! Thank you for writing such a funny, entertaining and detailed report. It has been so fun to read and given me some real travel ideas of my own.

Please also thank Poot for his book recommendations. I don't know much about American History so look forward to knowing a little more and getting an idea of setting through the novels.
Poot and I were out all day on Thursday...but not a jar of American peanut butter (was) to be had. Then - of course! Amazon Pantry! And even ON SALE. Result.

SO we've got some Reese's peanut butter coming...I will keep you posted as to its suitability for sundaes...

DisneySea is the park I most want to visit. But I seem to have some kind of fear-block when it actually comes to booking a trip to Japan. It would be my first time in a country where I don't just not SPEAK the language - I couldn't READ it either. Palpitations!

I looked into an Adventures by Disney holiday that includes a visit to TDL...but it was like $9,000 per adult. Perhaps I should start sending Poot to Japanese classes...
Old 18 Dec 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Poot and I were out all day on Thursday...but not a jar of American peanut butter (was) to be had. Then - of course! Amazon Pantry! And even ON SALE. Result.

SO we've got some Reese's peanut butter coming...I will keep you posted as to its suitability for sundaes...

DisneySea is the park I most want to visit. But I seem to have some kind of fear-block when it actually comes to booking a trip to Japan. It would be my first time in a country where I don't just not SPEAK the language - I couldn't READ it either. Palpitations!

I looked into an Adventures by Disney holiday that includes a visit to TDL...but it was like $9,000 per adult. Perhaps I should start sending Poot to Japanese classes...
Excellent, please do let me know about it's melting and ice cream sauce suitability.

I feel the same about Japan and DisneySea - love to go but not being able to read signs or speak the language is scary. I have 2 friends from home the have been to Japan (though not Disney) recently. Neither of them speak Japanese so I may grill them for info and how they got on.

Sending Poot to learn could be a good option too - you said he enjoyed being tour guide in Boston, maybe he'd enjoy being official translator too,

I looked into Adventures By Disney for California and nearly had a heart attack. I don't think I could justify that price even if I won the lottery - plus what if you ended up with awful people in your group and you were stuck with them?!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent, please do let me know about it's melting and ice cream sauce suitability.

I feel the same about Japan and DisneySea - love to go but not being able to read signs or speak the language is scary. I have 2 friends from home the have been to Japan (though not Disney) recently. Neither of them speak Japanese so I may grill them for info and how they got on.

Sending Poot to learn could be a good option too - you said he enjoyed being tour guide in Boston, maybe he'd enjoy being official translator too,

I looked into Adventures By Disney for California and nearly had a heart attack. I don't think I could justify that price even if I won the lottery - plus what if you ended up with awful people in your group and you were stuck with them?!

I KNOW, RIGHT? Who pays those ABD prices?!

And yes...what if the "This is breaking my heart" woman from the cruise ended up in your group?