Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Georgie_Momo
Proud to wear my Ears

Annual Passes DLP

Hi all,

We've decided to get magic plus passes for next year but want to know if it's easier to buy two day passes and upgrade them or just buy the annual passes when we're there.

We've also considered paying for them monthly but really not sure about charges and changes in exchange rates etc

Which way is the best way to buy them in everyone's opinion?

Thanks

Edited at 09:10 PM.
Georgie_Momo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fixiepixie
Earning My Ears

The first time I got ours (3yrs ago) I prepaid over the phone. They sent me out a letter (basically a receipt) and I had 6 months to exchange it for our passes. They also included 2 passes to get into the park on the day we were validating.
To be honest if I was doing it again I wouldn't bother doing it this way.
I'd either
- go straight to the Donald Duck desk at the entrance and do it there and pay upfront.
- Or buy a day pass and do it inside the park at my leisure over the day and the day ticket deducted.
Paying upfront is the easiest way, if you can, I would.

Another option is to preorder the full tickets with your pics and everything on them.
the pro is they are all ready for you to use straight away.
but the cons of this are you loose some time off your pass as they are dated from the day they are issued not the day you start using them.
It's not the best option but it's still an option (especially if you like everything ready to go). They say it takes 6/8wks to arrive but it's usually done at about 4wks.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your planning
Fixiepixie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkledust14
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Hi we arrived and purchased them before going into the park at Donald’s desk .. to the right of the main entrance by the Disneyland hotel... please note it opens at 10am for the annual pass purchase team..

It was so quick .. we purchased the direct debit option too and just needed an IBAN and account number .. it’s best if you print it direct from your bank ... and voila.. we pay monthly and the rate exchange seems ok.. you can also do as you suggested but your ticket go thru then head to the passport office in the park and they will deduct the cost of your ticket off the annual pass.. hope this helps
sparkledust14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bigjamiek2
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi, we are heading next week and looking at dates over the next year I think discvery (cheapest) annual pass is okay for us.
I seem to recall a while ago someone said you have to wait X days to use a discovery pass, is this still the case?
Also please excuse my IBAN!?!
bigjamiek2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

OP do not buy a 2 day pass - only 1 day passes can be upgraded! The cheapest & easiest way to buy passes at the mo is to meet a sponsor at the park gates (you'll get 10% discount & your sponsor gets 6 months free if they sponsor 3 people!)
With or without a sponsor you have the option to pay in full or by direct debit. You just need to check your bank accepts international direct debits as not all do!

@bigjamiek2 the discovery pass is so cheap because it's aimed at locals & cannot be used on the day of purchase or the 2 days after that.

We opted for Magic Plus as it comes with EMT, free parking & discounts in shops & restaurants which more than covered the extra cost!

Your IBAN is the international bank account number for your account which you can usually find on your bank statement (should start with GB then about 10 numbers)
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Georgie_Momo View Post
Hi all,

We've decided to get magic plus passes for next year but want to know if it's easier to buy two day passes and upgrade them or just buy the annual passes when we're there.

We've also considered paying for them monthly but really not sure about charges and changes in exchange rates etc

Which way is the best way to buy them in everyone's opinion?

Thanks
If you can afford it, I would just pay for them in full. You can either go to the Studios ticket gate 11/12 and do it there, or at the main park, at any of the ticket booths, buy the AP and they give you a normal looking ticket to get into the park, you need to change this at the AP office for the full pass.

If you can find a sponsor then you can get 10% discount off the pass

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigjamiek2 View Post
Hi, we are heading next week and looking at dates over the next year I think discvery (cheapest) annual pass is okay for us.
I seem to recall a while ago someone said you have to wait X days to use a discovery pass, is this still the case?
The Discovery pass isn't valid next week, unless you are staying in a Disney Hotel which will override the blackout date.

Have a look here for the valid dates: annual-passes.disneylandparis...b-989643486905

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigjamiek2 View Post
You cannot use the discovery pass for the 2nd and 3rd days after purchase... regardless of whether you are staying onsite or not.

The normal annual pass blackout dates can be overridden by staying on site and showing your hotel easy pass.

IBAN is your international bank number, it should show on your bank statements and will start with GB.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stubucky
a Friend of the DIBB

We got magic plus passes at the start of this year, We were not able to use donalds desk as they told us that annual pass applications had to be made inside the park, we bought one day passes and they were deducted off the deposit for our annual passes.
We signed up for the monthly payments and the charges to change from EUR to GBP is not much at all, i think it works out less than £1 every month. (that is with RBS/Natwest, im not sure what other banks are like).

I personally preferred the monthly payments as it works out around £15 a month and was a more convenient option at the start of the year to pay in installments rather than all at once.

Just like mentioned above make sure you have your IBAN number or they will not be able to process your application.

DLP: 1995, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2022
stubucky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List