Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

As we have mainly stayed in villa's we have always taken cash sometimes up to $4000 dollars. Which i suppose is a bit silly typing it out loud. But villa's always tend to have a safe and we just take out a required daily amount. Their is always a credit card on hand for emergency just because in America this is a must have.

But i'm going to say that on the last trip we did change it up a little. We decided to arrange a separate pot for eating out and put all of this money on to a Revolut card.
This was a brilliant idea and we had no troubles with it what so ever. I can highly recommend, everyone accepted with no problems. But we did only use it for food. I have only ever used my credit card for food once and it sent me anxiety levels through the roof. I really dislike using my credit card out their as you loose sight of it for up to ten minutes sometimes.

I prefer cash because you can only spend what you have and the Revolut card ties in with this ethos perfectly.

Also 2500 dollars is more than enough in my opinion. It weird we have never adjusted our spending money target to account for fall in dollar. We have always aimed to take £1000 each no matter what the rate. So some times we have had $4000 dollars and last trip in august which we spent 19 days we had $2700.

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon

Edited at 01:10 PM.
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wooden Top View Post
There is 5 of us and we have never spent that much. We also stay off site so buy all our own food. Doubt we could spend that much if we tried but each to their own.
It does seem a lot doesn’t it but there are 5 of us for 3 weeks!

Our estimates are as follows:

DDP tips = $650
$100 per child per week = $900
25th wedding anniversary gifts = $300
Extras = $500
Food at Universal for 2 days = $300
Mini golf at Universal = $85
Uber to universal and back, Mall and back = $160

Rounded up so should be around £2500 hoping for a favourable exchange rate!

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Edited at 02:55 PM.
Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minimanam View Post
It does seem a lot doesn’t it but there are 5 of us for 3 weeks!

Our estimates are as follows:

$100 per child per week = $900
25th wedding anniversary gifts = $300
Extras = $500
Food at Universal for 2 days = $300
Mini golf at Universal = $85
Uber to universal and back, Mall and back = $160

Rounded up to $2500
Are u only eating at universal? Theres no money for other days.
And are u only going to usf and the mall? What about getting to villa? Parking charges etc?
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Are u only eating at universal? Theres no money for other days.
And are u only going to usf and the mall? What about getting to villa? Parking charges etc?
We are staying on-site at BC on the DDP so all food accounted for hence just tips.

Using DME to get to the hotel so no car or parking fees!

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
Where can you buy travellers cheques now and at a decent rate? Tried John Lewis today but they have stopped, post office would have to order and bank of scotland rate was atrocious.
We tend to buy them from Eurochange.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

John Lewis still do them (I’ve just checked for you) but you have to order online.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I have always used TCs but the last time we went a couple of places wouldn't accept them - EPCOT being one of them. I don't think the CM could be bothered and they are usually accepted as a rule.

This time we took a mix of cash and we both had Starling cards. Love the Starling card - you get a notification as soon as a transaction is made. Highly recommend it. I may actually start using it as my main bank account and sack Santander off.
Old 29 May 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I have always used TCs but the last time we went a couple of places wouldn't accept them - EPCOT being one of them. I don't think the CM could be bothered and they are usually accepted as a rule.

This time we took a mix of cash and we both had Starling cards. Love the Starling card - you get a notification as soon as a transaction is made. Highly recommend it. I may actually start using it as my main bank account and sack Santander off.
I have to say I have never tried to pay with a TC. I prefer cash. But we travel with TCs and then change up at reception no problem at all just a limit of $200 a day per room
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Love TC's shame they are going down the pan. Always feel safe with them and using them like cash as opposed to Europe, just brilliant. Russian forgeries have harmed them.

Edited at 08:15 AM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Tc and cash for us x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List