Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile Hair care in Florida weather.

So I have shoulder length thick hair. Without straightening its a wavy frizzy mess. Although i will probably end up in a ponytail most of the time it'd be nice to style down for a night out.
1. Do uk straighteners work in USA or do you need to be able to change voltage?
2. Any particular product recommendations
3. Whats the new in room shampoo and conditioner like? Worth using to save space in bag?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
So I have shoulder length thick hair. Without straightening its a wavy frizzy mess. Although i will probably end up in a ponytail most of the time it'd be nice to style down for a night out.
3. Whats the new in room shampoo and conditioner like? Worth using to save space in bag?
Not sure about new products but my hair sounds similar and I take mine from home as I really need something that controls frizz especially out there.

My ghds work fine, check that yours are dual voltage then they should be fine. I have to say though most trips I take them and don’t use them!

Leave in conditioner helps me, and also hair spray.

When I do my hair out there it drives me mad as it still get frizzy and I get hot and bothered. I also find it takes much longer to style out there which makes it even more frustrating when you go outside and it looks rubbish.

For me a plait works best, with wet hair and hair spray to set the top so I don’t get frizz once it’s dry.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Look at wow super dreamcoat. It will change your holiday hair forever. Read the reviews, I can’t recommend it enough
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
Frizz Ease are readily available at the big box retailers. My daughter who has curly hair with frizz issues really prefers Infusium 23 leave in conditioner.
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I find plaiting it the best option - anything else is just a frizzy mess. Unless you have really naturally glossy silky hair - everyone else ends up looking like Monica.

Straighteners work but the humidity still gets in and the frizz reappears...
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I had a straightening treatment done at the hairdresser last year, only cost £20 and it was brilliant. My hair didn’t go frizzy and even wore it down a couple nights. Will be having a other one for this years holiday, made a big difference.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

My ghds work fine. I always use the hotel provided shampoo and conditioner but I additionally bring a few sachets of the three minute Aussie conditioner and apply every few days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Mine is up all the time in Florida , I had it down for my wedding for a few hours but by evening it back up in a bun again. I find hair oil plus an anti frizz product together essential.
Straighteners must be dual voltage to work, my step daughter's ghd's didn't so I'm guessing not all ghd's are.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Has anyone got any tips for fine curly hair?

Mine just sticks to my head and goes frizzy as well.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Look at wow super dreamcoat. It will change your holiday hair forever. Read the reviews, I can’t recommend it enough
I agree!
June 08 Regal Sun/Hampton Inn
Jan 09 PoP CeNtUrY Oct/Nov 09 PoP!
dopeydons11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List