Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

NCS This Summer

Are any other dibbers teens doing NCS this summer? Have they/you had any info through?

I have paid for both of mine to go, but not heard anything back yet. It seems to all be a bit disorganised?

One of dd's friends paid and has been told she doesn't have a place, but if she goes to the meeting place anyway on the start date and someone else doesn't show she can go, but if everyone turns up she will get an Amazon voucher!

I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest! I want to know where they are going, where they need to be so I can organise myself and work etc, or is this the norm?
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have you rang them? Mine are going to France on the 29th July. We have had quite a bit of information through. A parent’s meeting that we couldn’t make (but have had all the info for). They have phoned us quite a lot and we have contact numbers to phone if we have questions.
We did have issues at first as they had been told they had a place on the France trip but then the info we got was for totally different dates. This was quickly resolved though.

I’d be worried if you haven’t heard anything by now.
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a packing list i can email u if u dm me ur email?
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We ve had alot of info...
Unfortunately we missed tge parents meeting tho..
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter and her friend are supposed to be going but she has terrible anxiety and is talking about pulling out

We have had loads of emails, form to fill in and been told exactly where they are going and there has been a meet up with her group to go bowling
and there is also a parents meet and greet soon

I would be contacting them ASAP if you haven’t heard anything yet
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

I have contacted them by phone twice. The first time was about a month ago and the latest was this evening, as we still hadn't heard.

They are supposedly going on 29th July, but I was told on the phone tonight that it was too far in advance to have had any info yet, which just seemed a bit suss, again which prompted me to post...

Not sure what to do now?!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

They are organised by different groups depending on where you are. I felt our information was a little last minute but in the end my DD went and had a fantastic time. She did a week away, a week close to home and a week based at home.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Ours is run by our local YMCA and very impressed with the information received. We knew in January the timing schedule for drop offs etc for the 4 weeks, have had an information evening and the kids have been to a get to know each other day.

A Facebook page has been set up as well
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I did wonder if different areas were run by different groups, ours is run by flying futures and seems to be well organised.
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

What area are you in? Both mine have participated but each classed as different areas nevertheless both were very well organised in fact my DS location for the first week was changed and they notified us immediately I've 3 months before.
We received the packing list once it was confirmed so very early on.