Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Are annual passes still good value if staying onsite or do they only work out well if staying at the much cheaper offsite hotels?

Reason I ask is that I’ve only ever booked with the 25% off and free food offers, and I’m wondering whether those deals are still better than an annual pass but then having to book hotels and food separate.
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
They have changed recently though. Magic Plus has no EMT now, and no free use of the luggage storage room at the parks.

We were thinking of Plus till they changed it. Will stick to Flex now.
Is this the same rule if staying onsite? My hubby has a pass & is coming with us in Aug so hoping he can use EMH
He has Flex
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Is this the same rule if staying onsite? My hubby has a pass & is coming with us in Aug so hoping he can use EMH
He has Flex
Currently staying onsite overrides blackout days & gives you EMT regardless of the type of pass you hold so you should be fine in August Both these perks are unofficial for the lower passes though & can be withdrawn at any time x
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
Are annual passes still good value if staying onsite or do they only work out well if staying at the much cheaper offsite hotels?

Reason I ask is that I’ve only ever booked with the 25% off and free food offers, and I’m wondering whether those deals are still better than an annual pass but then having to book hotels and food separate.
I think those deals tend to be a lot more expensive in the long run in comparison to an annual pass. It’s also massively dependent on how many times you are going to visit.

My last trip was for sequoia lodge and came in at around 1k with flights. This was for 4 nights 5 days. Prior to this I booked trips for the same time frame 800-1k in price... this was New York and the Disney hotel (free upgrade). This is for 2 adults during the 2 nights free era and my last trip was 3 years ago.

Weve just bought the cheapest annual pass pushing a total of 350 for both all in. 5 nights 6 days at the Kyraid and flights coming in at a total of 420. That in its own is cheaper then any trip I’ve had with an extra day and the benefit of hitting up Disney for most of the year. I’ve looked into January as well which is £80 cheaper for the same package.

In the past we’ve always had breakfast on site as part of our deal followed by a snack during the day and a meal in the village on an evening. Not pricey at all when done properly.

I have also looked at the Disney hotels by themselves through Expedia and the prices are very reasonable if you don’t include a park ticket as well.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks that's very helpful. We have always stayed in Disney Hotels and our preference is to still do that if we get an annual pass - yet when I've looked at prices on hotel websites e.g. Expedia i'm getting prices of ~£250 per night and that's without breakfast or a meal plan.

When we've booked packages our target price for 5 nights is £2000 for Newport Bay with half board included, so when you factor in hotel only prices and then adding a meal plan (half board) it's still coming to nearly the £2000 package figure. Struggling to see where AP savings come from versus the 25% off deals. Perhaps i'm missing something or I just need to bite the bullet and book offsite for it to work!
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks that's very helpful. We have always stayed in Disney Hotels and our preference is to still do that if we get an annual pass - yet when I've looked at prices on hotel websites e.g. Expedia i'm getting prices of ~£250 per night and that's without breakfast or a meal plan.

When we've booked packages our target price for 5 nights is £2000 for Newport Bay with half board included, so when you factor in hotel only prices and then adding a meal plan (half board) it's still coming to nearly the £2000 package figure. Struggling to see where AP savings come from versus the 25% off deals. Perhaps i'm missing something or I just need to bite the bullet and book offsite for it to work!
The hote discounts shouldn’t be a factor I deciding because they aren’t that great. It works mostly if you want to go multiple times per year. Staying offsite makes it worth it. Also the shop and restaurant discounts and annual PhotoPass. I wouldn’t buy an annual pass in the hopes of getting a hotel cheap though.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Can Disney hotels be booked with the dining offers or are those offers only available with the packages (including tickets)?
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can Disney hotels be booked with the dining offers or are those offers only available with the packages (including tickets)?
You can add the dining plan but you pay full price for it. It’s not really worth it generally.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can I hijack this... is DLP like WDW where they will deduct the price you’ve paid on your correct tickets off the AP? So for example we are going next May and have 3 day both park passes, would they deduct that price off an AP or not?
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wheety1621 View Post
Can I hijack this... is DLP like WDW where they will deduct the price you’ve paid on your correct tickets off the AP? So for example we are going next May and have 3 day both park passes, would they deduct that price off an AP or not?
If you have booked a package that includes tickets you cannot use that ticket towards an AP. If you have a day ticket purchased separately then you can deduct the price of the day ticket from the price of an AP.