Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ams
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

September DLP 2 days

Need to book hotel and tickets for 2 adults

is it better to try and book a package deal or book hotel and park tickets separate.

On a tight budget so any help appreciated on where to book etc
ams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SantoshKaushik
First POST

Mobile

I have booked for 01st-03rd Sep at Disney's Sequoia Lodge. It's for 2A+2C. Flights I got with easyJet. Total cost is £900.
SantoshKaushik is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you are booking a DLP package, transport is usually cheaper booked separately (although that may not be the case booking only a few months ahead).

If you book through DLP then tickets are included from the moment you check in to the end of your last day.

Check other countries’ versions of the website to see who has the best deal. Usually some will have 30% off or free half board (or both!)

Bear in mind how long it takes to get there and back. If you want 2 full days in the parks you are looking at a 4 day trip.

Avoid all weekends (crazy busy) and check for French and Spanish holidays. We went early Sep 2017 during the week, and the parks and hotels were really busy as the Spanish schools didn’t start till 19th September.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Ams

Few questions that could help give you the answers you need.

Where are you looking to travel from?

Do you want to stay in a Disney property or would you rather a partner hotel?

Was it 2 nights or 1 night 2 day parks?
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mceeaw
I have Ears

The first time we went was September. We booked flights ourselves through Easyjet and stayed at the partner accommodation in Magny-le-Hongre. (There are a few to choose from and we got a good rate through Booking.com) They run a free shuttle to/from the park. At that time our daughter was <3 yrs old so didn't need a ticket, so bought 2 adult ones through Attraction Tickets Direct and saved cash there!

The next time we had a good deal through DLP website direct for accommodation and tickets combined (since having to factor in a ticket for her!) with a HB meal deal thrown in and again did flights separately.

Most recently we went back to Magny-le-Hongre accommodation as it worked out cheaper for accommodation and tickets ourselves compared to the DLP offers.

My biggest tip: Take plenty snacks of your own from home to save having to spend a fortune on them while there!
mceeaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Plenty of cheaper places to stay nearer than that also. Try Val d’Europe (one stop on the RER, takes 5 minutes).
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ams
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by GjDisney View Post
Ams

Few questions that could help give you the answers you need.

Where are you looking to travel from?

Do you want to stay in a Disney property or would you rather a partner hotel?

Was it 2 nights or 1 night 2 day parks?
I have eurostar booked from ebblsfleet to Paris which arrives Sunday 22nd Sept Morning. Then looking to do 23rd and 24th Sept at DLP.
Eurostar back to ebbsfleet from Paris on 25th Sept.

So was thinking doing 2 nights (23 and 24th) at DLP. I want to know if its better to book hotel outside of DLP for 2 nights and buy park tickets separate or stay at a disney property
ams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
OK, so you will get two full days during the week - that is good planning. If you stay onsite you would also get much of Sunday and some of Wednesday in the park too, including EMT. As a first time visitor that would really help, as Disneyland Park needs more than 1 day to see properly. Onsite stays include park tickets for your whole stay.

So I would look at DLP website (all countries) and WDTC also. Some people use Magic Breaks too.

The cheapest onsite hotel is Santa Fe (Davy Crockett needs a car). It is fine as a base - not luxury but fun theming (Cars) and only 15 min walk. There are shuttle buses but they can get crowded and people push and shove - we prefer a gentle stroll by the river.

Cheyenne is generally a bit dearer but still a value. The theming here is superb and the rooms have recently been refurbed. We stayed here on our last trip - there is a link to my trip report in my sig, so you can read about it and see photos and my DH’s videos if you want.
Other parks: Tokyo
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

The hotel kyraid is showing up for your duration

Arriving 22nd and checking out 25th so 3 nights at a total of 207. This hotel offers a free shuttle to Disney around 10-15 minutes and from what I hear it is within the vacinity of a shopping centre and super market. This would eliminate expensive breakfasts etc.

Park tickets wise.

What time are you leaving? You might want to think about an annual pass? The infinity (cheapest pass) covers the days you are there working out at 179 euros a person, you can get them for a 60 euro deposit each and 10 Euro’s a month going forward. This could give you the Monday Tuesday and weds in the park. These can be bought online before your stay and will be active for your duration.

This way your looking at costs of around £207 + £106 for park tickets initially with 10 euros each a month going forward until cleared.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Obviously your arrival date 22nd you could be staying in a different hotel all together so this would make your stay even cheaper. All my prices were found using Expedia.

Edited at 12:13 PM.