Notices

Old 4 Dec 13, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our dreams can come true... nov '14

*decided while asleep/dreaming that i need a name change of my trippee hope i havent confused any one x x

Hi I am not very good at writing and have this tendency to wonder of topic but bare with me, my spelling might not be great but want to write this not only to share but so I have some think to keep, memory not being as it should be or once was lol.

Let me introduce us, we are a family of four from Essex;
i114.photobucket/albums/n.../Image0002.jpg

last trip was in 2009 when we went for three weeks and also got married in cypress garden. We stayed on I-drive that time but this time we are staying IN Disney and flying virgin! I have always wanted to do this…. See im waffling already; any way

im Pauline, planner of holiday. At the age of 34 this will be my fourth time to see the mouse, I love every think about Disney, the magic of it, the children’s faces. The way every one has a smile. I am mum to my 2 boys that are my world. Cant wait to see the new parts of magic kingdom, see the xmas decs, ride all the rides and see what new things we can do.

My better half and hubby of 4 years is David, payee of the holiday and not as mad on Disney as me so he says but I think his madder then me lol. At 41 he works way to hard and needs a holiday. This will be his 3rd trip to the mouse

Our eldest is Luke 12, he thinks his older at times. He is laid back and can be quite at times. He is a good boy and trys hard in school, I don’t know how he will manage 2 weeks with out his xbox. This will be his 3rd trip to the mouse, he cant wait to ride all the rides.

Our youngest is Harry, his 6 bless him. He is a live wire doesn’t sit still for more then 5 minutes at a time, he has medical conditions (perennial rhinitis) but he doesn’t let it bother him. This is his 2nd trip to the mouse and he cant wait. Last time he was to little for some of the big rides that he sooo wanted to go on so this time his hoping to go on them all.

So on to the planning, we have wanted to stay at Disney for ages, ok so I have wanted to stay and have twisted hubbys arm so we can lol. We looked at prices to go this year (2013) but we couldn’t do it so started looking at prices for 2014, hubby really wanted to go for his birthday in December but it was getting very expensive to go then and I like the weather of oct/nov, it was very warm last time we went (104f on our wedding day). So we priced up with the travel company’s that had dates that far ahead. Going places wanted over £6500, Thomas cook was little bit higher, it didn’t look likely that we would be able to do it. One Saturday while out shopping feeling a bit blue we were in our local Debenhams which has a virgin mini type shop thing, we kind of just looked and both said it wouldn’t hurt to ask, well after saying that I could put down the depoist today and her messing around with dates she came back with 2 wks at Disney’s Caribbean beach resort, free dining, flying virgin and tickets for under 5k. Bargain I thought lol. All booked with only 469 days left I had best get planning lol…………..
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14

Edited at 11:24 AM. Reason: change of name!
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Sounds like a great holiday in the planning!

My little guy have rhinitis, and we also need to organise glasses for him. Have Harry been to Disney with his glasses on? I know it's far but I keep thinking how will my guy manage with glasses.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Sounds like a great holiday in the planning!

My little guy have rhinitis, and we also need to organise glasses for him. Have Harry been to Disney with his glasses on? I know it's far but I keep thinking how will my guy manage with glasses.
no he got them when we came home, he has to wear his all the time cos he says he cant see with out them, never thought about them over there, we have sun glasses in the shame strength as his normal ones
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I don't know if I will let him go on thunder mountain with glasses.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 13, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Going to have to get a case or somethink to keep on us
Old 29 Dec 13, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
On to the planning, when we booked the holiday we were just doing Disney with the odd day, half a day of shopping but since then harry has become dinosaur mad and loves Jurassic park, luke loves universal the same as me (ride mad) so we have added the two park ticket to our virgin booking to get the added extra of early entry. We were hoping to get a good deal on the hotel but no such luck there….yet lol.

So here it is

2nd Nov, travel to Gatwick and have hotel over night and parking NOT YET BOOKED. We will also do twilight check in to get rid of the cases.

3rd Nov, our flight is at 11:40 am flying virgin, which I have never done before. we will have brekki at the airpork after dropping the over night stuff in the car. While waiting for our flight I will grab a meal deal for us all incase we don’t like the plane food.

We havent got the v-room yet and I don’t think we will, we like to look around the airport and shop.

Magical express is booked ready for when we get there, then its two weeks of fun at disney with a couple of days at universal.

Over the last couple of months we have paid up most of the holiday, renewed the passports and got new suitcases, done esta’s and virgins api, linked our booking to my disney app and sorted out our magic bands. it sounds like im all organized but im really not, im a worrier and like to know that every think is done and sorted.

Suitcase’s, we have gone for two new hard cases as we all ready have soft ones that we will use. Im planning on getting some shot glasses and xmas ornaments and thought that harder case would be better for this.

, for me

, for hubby

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Old 29 Dec 13, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I wore glasses on our first visit and bought a band that fits on the arms of the specs and round the back of your head to keep them on on bumpy rides. Got them off a website for outdoorsy folk! Can't remember where though. Enjoy your trip, we go 8th November to see the Xmas decs
See you've linked your booking, Wdw site not recognising my booking! How did you manage to do yours?

Edited at 04:42 PM.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 13, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Looking forward to reading the rest of your plans Pauline. We fly out a couple of days after you on 5th November Love your hard cases!

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
See you've linked your booking, Wdw site not recognising my booking! How did you manage to do yours?
We were told we'd need to phone Disney to ask for a 12 digit number exactly 9 months before departure, but when I checked our My Disney Experience account last night on the off chance it was all linked! Still waiting to customise our Magic bands as that part isn't available yet
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 13, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
we got our disney number from virgin awhile ago and just put that number in and it came up, hope yours links soon for you x
Old 30 Dec 13, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
have you had your locator numbers of virgin yet?