Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Going to a concert alone

Would you? Do you?

I used to be so good at going places on my own. Cinema, food, whatever, I never used to bat an eye and considered myself a very independent person.

I don’t know what has changed. I’m now married so more used to being with someone else to do stuff with. I’ve also had very bad anxiety over the last couple of years but not specific to going out.

I’m meant to be going out tonight to a concert but feeling really uneasy about it. Feel uncomfortable about being alone and having no one to talk to or share it with. Feel it would be easier in many ways just to stay home and have a cosy night (I’m working tomorrow). But I have paid already obviously so it would be a waste of money.

Just not used to feeling this way to be honest. Feel quite self conscious about being alone.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

You'll be fine. I've been living on my own for years and am used to doing all sorts of stuff on my own including going to concerts as I don't have a family and my friends don't really share my interests, not all of them anyway.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

I have done on numerous occasions in the past and it wouldn’t stop me going to see a band I really like. It is nicer to be able to share the experience though.

Who are you going to see? Do none of your friends or relatives have similar musical tastes? A friend’s husband has become my gig buddy, but they’re moving back to Wales shortly, so I may end up going solo again soon enough!

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I hope you have got the courage to go and enjoy it. I can understand it being daunting but hope you have managed x

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I went to see take that on my own the other week, I was skeptical about doing it but in all honesty it was the best decision I've ever made.
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve done it before (gone to a concert alone). I don’t know what’s so different today. Although the fact I’ve just had/am having an anxiety attack and can’t stop crying isn’t helping. I don’t know if I can go.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
I’ve done it before (gone to a concert alone). I don’t know what’s so different today. Although the fact I’ve just had/am having an anxiety attack and can’t stop crying isn’t helping. I don’t know if I can go.
I hope you are ok. Forget the money, if you don’t feel 100% confident then snuggle up at home with a good movie and a couple of treats.
I admire anyone who can go and do things on their own. Personally I couldn’t. Don’t beat yourself up about it, take care 💕💕
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes I would,had this exact discussion with my daughter today !.I can relate to a lot of the things you mention,but I bet you will have a great time.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree with Floridatilly, if you don't feel up to it dont force yourself. Have a night in and be kind to yourself. There will be other concerts to go to when you are feeling better. I can go to things on my own sometimes and other times I can't, it depends on my mood.
Hope you feel better soon, anxiety is horrible.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I am on my way guys. The anxiety eased up and I do want to go. I will feel proud of going after struggling at first. I am going to see Westlife, haha.
Only have half my make up on (ie no eyeshadow, don’t mean I’ve only done half my face lol) and rubbish shoes but I am going. Anxiety can go and do one tonight. X