Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Just back, highs, lows and observations

So back from another trip to our villa, raging jet lag right now, thought I’d do a little highs and lows to go along with my trippie.

Highs

Well right at the top is spending 2 whole weeks at our villa, I can’t tell you how walking into our home makes me feel, it’s simply the best.

Closely followed by the absolutely amazing weather, highs around 100 degrees, lows in the mid 70’s, not a single drop of rain in the whole 2 weeks.

Bidding on an upgrade to Upper Class with Virgin, and winning! Fabulous flight with great service.

First night spent at the Springhill Suites at the Marriot Village by Vineland, lovely hotel with a fab breakfast.

My Aunty Jane coming out to join us for 8 days, we don’t see enough of each other so this is quality time.

Meeting up with our friends who live in Florida and also Mr Tom Morrow.

Every meal we ate out was excellent and every server was also excellent.

We love Disney Springs and went twice, really enjoyed the time we spent there just strolling and having a coffee or a cocktail.

Lows

Our AC going down but thankfully it was while we were there and not a guest.

Observations

We noticed on this trip that we had more lunches out and ate in the villa in the evenings. Whether it was the heat I’m not sure, but we preferred to just chill in the evening with ‘nibbly bits’ for tea!

The driving has got worse! They are crazy!

We went to Lowes more than any other shop!

I might add more as I remember!

Edited at 04:10 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. A Villa Owners report is so different than your 'normal visitor'!
Either loads or quite a lot of work to be done.

However it seems a great time was had and as you said the weather was stunning. Never known such a bone dry 2 week period.

I am so pleased you mention the driving. I tend not to make comments much on this as in the past their driving skills seem to have been akin to some on the M25.
Not anymore!

In March and again this trip we saw some of the worst driving and aggressive driving I have seen out there in 44 years of visiting.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Oh, to walk into your own villa - my absolute dream! 😊
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Is the crazy driving on all roads or more particularly on the I4 ?

I’ve avoided the I4 for years because it scares me, even though I consider myself to be a competent & experienced driver over there. Avoiding it is no hardship for me, I know most routes using the ‘ordinary’ state roads.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Is the crazy driving on all roads or more particularly on the I4 ?

I’ve avoided the I4 for years because it scares me, even though I consider myself to be a competent & experienced driver over there. Avoiding it is no hardship for me, I know most routes using the ‘ordinary’ state roads.
Particularly bad on all the freeways to be honest but even on the smaller roads it’s not great!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I think a lot if people just don't know where they are going, they switch lanes so much! It must be lovely to be back at your Florida home.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How does the bidding work please ? Do you have to go to upper-class from premium or can you go from economy ?

Im glad you have a great holiday...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

I loved your trip report and all the time and effort you put into your villa - I even went to check availability and eeekkkk none left bar the odd date which is great for you!
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Ahh that sounds such a lovely trip.

The driving... oh dear me, it is SOO bad. But we were saying, is it the Americans or the tourists? Both probably. But not having lights on at night and cutting into the smallest of spaces on the I4 and not indicating?! aargh! Nevermind all these scary rides at the parks, the scariest thing for me was that dreaded I4!
Old 3 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love the bit about walking into your villa - that makes me smile our dream is to one day buy a villa out there
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List