Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jun 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

Table service treating family for birthday

We have always on been on QSDP, however next year one of the families is considering staying at BCR with Dining plan, the other two families at POR or POFQ with QSDP.

On one of the childrens birthdays (family staying at BCR), we are wanting to all go to dinner at a table service location. Can we use the TS credits from one family to cover all 3 families.

Generally the rest of the TS meals will be used at quick service locations for convenience.

Also does 1 TS meal = 1 QS meal

Any advise appreciated
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post

They can use their credits how they wish. Although covering two other families is likely to take a chunk of their credits up and the other families will need to cover subsequent meals when they run out.

Yes 1TS = 1QS.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

QS meals had a lesser value than TS meals, for example a meal at a sit down place like Yak And Yeti will cost on average around $45 give or take a few dollars where as a meal at a quick service at say Backlot Express will be around $20 or so, it’s probably best to check the terms and conditions of the Disney Dining Plan to be more up to date on the current rules and limitations about redeeming meal plan credits. It is possible for them to change some QS meal credits to TS meal service credits at the front desk at the resort. This will impact any remaining meal credits though. We did this on our last two vacations at the point where we only had two days left to use them they could also change some of them to snack credits if we wanted to but we already had way too many of them left over to begin with.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They can use their TS meals on others but that would be a huge chunk out of their allowance. If it’s four families of four staying for two weeks that one meal would take them 12 TS credits. Nearly the full allowance for one person. That would be past generous really given the premium price they’ve paid for their room.
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
QS meals had a lesser value than TS meals, for example a meal at a sit down place like Yak And Yeti will cost on average around $45 give or take a few dollars where as a meal at a quick service at say Backlot Express will be around $20 or so, it’s probably best to check the terms and conditions of the Disney Dining Plan to be more up to date on the current rules and limitations about redeeming meal plan credits. It is possible for them to change some QS meal credits to TS meal service credits at the front desk at the resort. This will impact any remaining meal credits though. We did this on our last two vacations at the point where we only had two days left to use them they could also change some of them to snack credits if we wanted to but we already had way too many of them left over to begin with.
You have changed QS credits into a TS credits at the front desk? This is not something I have ever read about before, can you provide more information?

I thought it only went the other way, for example we paid for a QS meal with a spare TS credit on our last day once. We didn’t need to go to guest relations, we just did it as we paid.
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I've never heard of being able to upgrade QS credits to TS credits - either on here or any other Disney forum. You can swap QS credits for snack credits, and use a TS credit for a QS meal, but this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone being able to trade up QS credits to TS credits! How many QS credits did you use per TS credit? Which resort were you staying at both times you did it?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

I too would be really interested to hear where this upgrade from CS to TS worked and what the trade was ? please give us more info , as I have traded CS for snacks but never heard to anyone being able to trade up Thanks

Tartan Tink

Edited at 08:57 AM.
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Sorry my bad it was the other way around we had a TS credit left over and it was swapped to a choice of either 2 QS or 3 snack credits.. oops!
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sorry my bad it was the other way around we had a TS credit left over and it was swapped to a choice of either 2 QS or 3 snack credits.. oops!
Ah, that makes more sense, although still never heard of being offered 2 QS credits for a TS credit - it's normally 1 TS for 1 QS. 2 QS or 3 snacks doesn't make sense as 1 QS credit is worth 3 snacks, so logically it should be 6 snacks for a TS credit if they were allowing you to change it to 2 QS credits.

At least we know that the QS to TS was a mistake and it will avoid dibbers asking about it at their resort

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Ok that makes more sense, although I have never heard of 2 QS for 1 TS, I have only ever seen a straight swap.

Edited at 09:22 AM.