Old 8 Jul 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Oh collybird you are so right. I'm so glad you came back. It took me ages to read dumbledors death even though I knew it was coming. I did not want to read it at all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Ooo North and South sounds right up my street, I don't think I've heard of it before.

Not an Outsiders fan, I've never seen the movie but I read the book as an adult and just didn't get it.

Goldia, I love your story about hoping the ending will be different as you re-read. I do that too, especially with Harry Potter. People who don't read would never understand.
Oh, Colette - I think you and I have fairly similar tastes - I beg you to give it a try. A couple of the supporting actors do ham it up a bit - but it's still SO GOOD. I think I'd watch it just for the frocks, though.

Ah, "The Outsiders" - S.E. Hinton wrote it when she was a teenager - and I always felt that showed. Not necessarily in a BAD way - but the book reminded me of schoolmates' creative writing assignments. And I hated the names of the characters. I never did watch the film - can I confess that Tom Cruise makes my skin crawl? Sorry, Tom Cruise fans. But I do LOVE Patrick Swayze...probably should put it on my Amazon watchlist...

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh collybird you are so right. I'm so glad you came back. It took me ages to read Dumbledore's death even though I knew it was coming. I did not want to read it at all.

WHAT? Dumbledore DIES?

Seriously, though - that's how I feel about "Wuthering Heights". And every single version of "Tristan and Isolde".

Sorry to butt in - when it's books I just can't help it...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I don't think you can call it butting in when it's your trippie, it's a bit like saying you're gatecrashing your own party, it's an oxymoron. Now of all the people who butt in to other people's conversation I must be fairly near the top. But as you appear to like the butting inners I'm hoping Collybird didn't think I was rude in interrupting (plus I sometimes just can't resist).

I'll have to add North and South to my TV watch list, yes I have a list for that too...I basically have a list for everything. My current plan is to download Planet Earth 2 for the plane, but maybe I could squeeze in some North and south too.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't think you can call it butting in when it's your trippie, it's a bit like saying you're gatecrashing your own party, it's an oxymoron. Now of all the people who butt in to other people's conversation I must be fairly near the top. But as you appear to like the butting inners I'm hoping Collybird didn't think I was rude in interrupting (plus I sometimes just can't resist).

I'll have to add North and South to my TV watch list, yes I have a list for that too...I basically have a list for everything. My current plan is to download Planet Earth 2 for the plane, but maybe I could squeeze in some North and south too.

I thought that, too - but then decided to err on the side of caution as you made it clear you were speaking to Colette.

Though I never feel like anybody is "butting in" - rather I think of it as "re-joining the conversation". Because I am such a luddite - I only noticed "My Active Threads" a couple of months ago - I love that one for keeping conversations going. Before that I would always have to hunt through the fora () looking for my threads.

And Planet Earth 2? R.C. would approve.
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am literally bouncing up and down in my seat over your lists. I showed some work people my colour coded Disney planning spreadsheet the other day, they told me I need to get some friends.

I have a TV watching list spreadsheet I have a different tab for each show with a list of every episode that I mark off once I've watched them. I have a list of everything I want to watch and I use a number randomiser to chose what I'll watch next. A whole new level of crazy.

P.S. I didn't think it was rude at all, we're all friends here It didn't even cross my mind that any butting in was involved.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Ha ha. I too have colour coded spreadsheets for disney. But I like writing and have several notebooks as I love stationery. Also I have been known to draft a list before writing it up for best in a good notebook and before I can write in a planner I have to have a good think about what pen set I will write in. My husband thinks I am mental, he's probably right. ☺

Old 9 Jul 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Ha ha. I too have colour coded spreadsheets for disney. But I like writing and have several notebooks as I love stationery. Also I have been known to draft a list before writing it up for best in a good notebook and before I can write in a planner I have to have a good think about what pen set I will write in. My husband thinks I am mental, he's probably right. ☺
Doesn't everybody have "for best" notebooks?

My current Florida FBN:

And yes, first I write things in an ordinary notebook/on scratch paper - and then transfer it to the "pretty" notebook. I have a problem with stationery/papers. Some end up being "too good to use".
Old 10 Jul 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Ha ha too good to use

I have had this dilemma several times. It takes me a looooonnnng time to decide what to use a notebook for, it's a big decision making process, with several attempts at practising.

I'm not a perfectionist at all

I'm not sure if it's a good thing to discover other's have the same problems as me or if it's enabling me!

Old 10 Jul 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
PS I love Rapunzel, yours looks fab.
xx

Old 10 Jul 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Ha ha too good to use

I have had this dilemma several times. It takes me a looooonnnng time to decide what to use a notebook for, it's a big decision making process, with several attempts at practising.

I'm not a perfectionist at all

I'm not sure if it's a good thing to discover others have the same problems as me or if it's enabling me!
PS I love Rapunzel, yours looks fab.
xx
It was the Snow White one that I really wanted -

- but I just couldn't make myself pay £13 for a NOTEBOOK! Even on the sale Rapunzel (and Elsa, which I also bought) were still £9. Eek!

And I am very sorry about the enabling. But I must admit - as vices go - FBNs seem pretty harmless. Our husbands COULD be married to slatternly dipsomaniacs!

Ooh...maybe that could be the name of our band...I wonder if Colette can play the drums...