Old 7 Apr 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Dimple View Post
I really like the sound of that starbucks drink you got in the morning, will keep an eye out for that.
I love how you felt that Kate didn't really enjoy the burger all that much and now she remembers it as her best burger! DS is really excited about eating at Longhorns this year or Steakhorn as he is calling it but I'm not sure why I don't remember him having anything impressive to eat there, maybe just remembering the decoration of the place!
That's awful that Kate was so anxious about getting into trouble at the meal, I've eaten there a few times and never had much of a telling off but I do think in general that there servers are good at gauging who can take that sort of stuff and who can't, but as you say at least you can mark off the must do list for next time!
I do like all the American coffee options. I know I could go to Starbucks over here but we don't so it feels like a real treat when we're over there and get Joffreys or Starbucks.

I had a conversation with her about the burger last week as she said it was one of the best burgers she'd ever eaten. So I said but you moaned the whole time you were eating it as it was dripping with grease, she said that yes it was greasy but it was still a fantastic burger

Longhorns is great. The year before last when we had a non Disney trip to Orlando it was the only restaurant we ate in twice! Fab steaks, your DS has good taste!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mmm peanut butter cake...the milkshake with the bacon sounds fun to try! Who cares about the chicken waffle sandwich but fancy spilling the cocktail! I’m focusing too much on the food my tea needs to hurry up.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Mmm peanut butter cake...the milkshake with the bacon sounds fun to try! Who cares about the chicken waffle sandwich but fancy spilling the cocktail! I’m focusing too much on the food my tea needs to hurry up.
The pudding was the best bit about 50s Prime Time, so yummy. Getting a sneaky cocktail in while the others swim and then spilling half of it, so annoying.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day and well done on the food front!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Fab day and well done on the food front!
We were really trying to use up the credits.

Old 6 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Lovely morning at Typhoon Lagoon. I liked the look of the chicken waffle sandwich so I'm disappointed to read that it wasn't great. We normally always end up with hot dogs at water parks, so it would be nice to have another option.

Poor Kate, fretting about your evening meal. I'm glad it all worked out ok, and no-one got in too much trouble!

Another nice park filled evening, but all in all seemed like quite a relaxing day. You're flying theough the snack credits now

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Lovely morning at Typhoon Lagoon. I liked the look of the chicken waffle sandwich so I'm disappointed to read that it wasn't great. We normally always end up with hot dogs at water parks, so it would be nice to have another option.

Poor Kate, fretting about your evening meal. I'm glad it all worked out ok, and no-one got in too much trouble!

Another nice park filled evening, but all in all seemed like quite a relaxing day. You're flying theough the snack credits now
I like a hotdog but the water park ones aren't that great. Saying that we've never found the food to be that good at the water parks. I think the best we had this year were the nachos as they were good for sharing, it's probably best to stick with chicken tenders as at least they can't really go wrong!

We had to get a move on with those snacks, I was happy to throw them away on drinks!