Old 6 Mar 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Lisa the bit in italics is a direct lift from my answer from DVC Member services, TBH I find it about as clear as mud! So for us the only place that I don't take my wallet is the waterparks, so if I'm getting a "Hold" anytime I spend $100- let's face it a TS meal easily runs +$100 for 2, then I don't see the benefit of room charging & might as well just use my card IYKWIM
SD
I’m ok with the hold, we won’t charge that much and my credit limit can cope. I just wish I could find where I read about charging every few days so I can see if I mis-read it. And it’s really annoying me that I can’t find anything on the Disney site!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The main change I read about was that they’ll charge the credit card every few days now rather than wait until it reaches the limit. I’ll try and find where I read it.
I read this as well and cannot find it again! It said the room balance would be cleared to the credit card on file every 5 days, so I've put a calendar reminder to pay it with gift card/cash (left over from last year) every 4 days to leave credit card out if it until it's needed.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lisa, the same, I don't think we have ever "hit" our limit, what is confusing me though is even if they are going to take the "charges" every couple of days, why have a limit as they are going to be charging/holding everytime I hit $100. I could understand it if it was "hold the limit plus $100" so $1600 for a Deluxe. Maybe it all makes sense to the person that wrote it/thought it up
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
I read this as well and cannot find it again! It said the room balance would be cleared to the credit card on file every 5 days, so I've put a calendar reminder to pay it with gift card/cash (left over from last year) every 4 days to leave credit card out if it until it's needed.
Yes that’s what I read! It was something from Disney too. I remember thinking how inconvenient it would be.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Found it. disneyworld.disney.go/en...&bid=970645874

It was on another thread in January.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleOwl
Trading Disney Pins

So...am I understanding this correctly...the card will not be charged daily with the $100, or anything we charge that is over $100? The "hold" thing isn't a charge? So long as we pay off somehow (we use cash usually) at reception before we hit the resort's maximum credit allowance then the card will not be charged daily or at all? Is it just a super confusing way of saying it's the same as before? I do feel really dim not getting this
LittleOwl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
LO it's typical Disney speak but think so So sort of the same but plus $100 & the fact that they will "Hold" what you owe until they charge the card or you pay it off. In the past there was no hold & they would only charge the card either at your limit or check out.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
It's worded so badly, don't understand why they couldn't leave it as it was. When we went in 2017 we just paid off the balance every evening just to keep on top of it.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List