Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Mar 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Hertz Gold

I signed up for this. Was logged in. Used the card on my profile.

Booking says not registered at this location for gold and to go to standard counter. Gggrrrr.

Have emailed them. But anyone had this before?

Thanks

Edit: i can see my booking under my gold account when i log in. So there is some kind of a link there. Some other threads suggest it always does this first time and to juat go to garage and gold desk in garage and they check your card and send you on your way. If anyone has experience of this it would be appreciated!

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

In the UK the first time you hire after joining you have to go to the normal counter so they can register your info, including your license. Once registered everything will be waiting for you, I recently hired without my license as it was in the post. All I had to do was show photo ID and I was good to go.
Although I have been with Hertz gold for a few years the first time I decide to rent in the USA from Hertz I will have to go to the counter. I have checked and Hertz have confirmed this is the case when traveling to the US from the UK and using Gold for the first time in the USA.
Like you I have seen accounts of people saying go straight to the garage, according to Hertz you will be sent back to the counter. I have no experience of trying this so, it's your choice I guess its a case of if you aren't in you can't win. Or in my case as I can't be annoyed with the hassle stick with Alamo.

Edited at 12:01 AM.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
In the UK the first time you hire after joining you have to go to the normal counter so they can register your info, including your license. Once registered everything will be waiting for you, I recently hired without my license as it was in the post. All I had to do was show photo ID and I was good to go.
Although I have been with Hertz gold for a few years the first time I decide to rent in the USA from Hertz I will have to go to the counter. I have checked and Hertz have confirmed this is the case when traveling to the US from the UK and using Gold for the first time in the USA.
Thanks. Bit annoying that they require this. Think im going to try and just turn up in the garage - have seen others who said as first time gold users they did that and it worked fine for them as someone there was happy to check their id and card.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
I signed up for this. Was logged in. Used the card on my profile.

Booking says not registered at this location for gold and to go to standard counter. Gggrrrr.

Have emailed them. But anyone had this before?

Thanks

Edit: i can see my booking under my gold account when i log in. So there is some kind of a link there. Some other threads suggest it always does this first time and to juat go to garage and gold desk in garage and they check your card and send you on your way. If anyone has experience of this it would be appreciated!
Hi
It’s a few years since I did it but I went straight to the garage and they checked the CC here. If I were you I’d go straight to the garage.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
It’s a few years since I did it but I went straight to the garage and they checked the CC here. If I were you I’d go straight to the garage.
Alex
Thanks. I have seen a few others comment the same, so yes i'm going to give it a go and head to garage.