Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

October 2019

Ignoring the news of StarWars Land, as that is an uncertainty. I am interested to know what is October like.
We have always gone around the last 2 weeks of August but this year we are looking at the last 2 weeks of October.

What we find;
August Pros: Parks are very quiet.
August Cons: Temperature, Humidity, Rain is unpredictable.

The problem we always find is when you have to queue for a ride, a 20-30 queue can seem very hard in the heat.

I have read that October is now extremely busy, but some sites say the beginning or mid October is busy.

The Dibbs historical queue times dont show much difference in August and October so im confussed. For example MK seems quiet on non mnsshp days.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 12:01 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dadachu
Helping Donald

Hi we went in October 2017 (the week before and half term weeks) and to be honest it was pretty busy. Ironically, as grandson is now in full time school, this year we're going last couple of weeks in August. Hopefully the parks will be as quiet as you say. Although i get the impression that there are no really quiet times now. We went for a week at Feb half term just gone, i.e. Presidents week, and it was very busy. I would say almost as busy as when we were there for 4th July back in 2006. Maybe we were spoilt in the noughties when American were not travelling after 9/11 ? Especially when we were getting over $2 to the £ ahh those were the days.
dadachu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Last time I went was October 2014, having previously been in Sept/Oct all other times too, and it was too busy for us.
It used to be 'fairly' quiet in October but its got busier and busier.

That's why this year we're going at the beginning of Sept, specifically because it's quieter...then they dropped the Galaxy's Edge bombshell
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jpy10
Excited about Disney

We have always gone in October due to the weather being 'just right', I can't say we have found it especially busy, probably a 30 min wait time as max, for us it's about planning and using the busy day guide and deciding which ride to go on when

hope this helps
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

October has been getting busier and busier year after year as people go for the cooler, weather, Halloween, food and wine etc.

September is still the quietest month of the year if you're looking to avoid crowds - though Star Wars is likely to kill that this year.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

We went October 18 - weather was fantastic. Busy in parks but rope dropped, used magic hours and fastpass at 60 days meant we did all the big rides over two weeks with minimum waits, all ADRs we wanted. Planning is key and used touring plans. Didn't miss anything. Left parks during middle of the day. However, GE may throw a spanner in the works.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

This October will be our third visit. The weather is lovely 90% of the time. No rain but needed a cardie a couple of evenings. We go the last two weeks and have found that the last week of October to be quieter than the week before.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have done both... October has got busier, we tend to go around middle of the month. If I'm honest, I enjoyed August a lot more but my DH who has medical problems has really struggled with the humidity so we are back to October again, its fine if you plan well
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I think it is impossible to predict what this October will be like. As it stands Galaxy's Edge will open August 29th - it is only possible to speculate on what will happen after that, but there is a good chance it won't be the same as what has gone before.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List