Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Mar 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
NTHYORKS
Getting Excited

Tampa to Orlando Tolls

Flying into Tampa this year, can anyone tell me how many tolls there are and rough cost from Tsmpa to Disney. Are tgey cash booths on these,? and anyone with any driving directions tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
NTHYORKS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

There are no tolls from Tampa.
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

You need the I275 north then join the I4 east.
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

None at all - out of the airport and I4 all the way.
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
leee
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

However it does depend where you leave the I4. Orlando is a big place so there could be a chance, if you actually mean one of the outer areas.

We travelled from Tampa airport to Sunset Lakes and had one toll charge to exit the FL-429, which was J60 on the I4 North bound.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
leee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As most of the others have said if you pick up I-4 almost straight away after leaving TPA and leave it at one of the WDW junctions you'll be fine. However WDW covers 47 square miles so it's best if you know where you want to be. Don't be tempted to try 417 and 429 near WDW which are tolls.

Also don't get on the Selmon Expressway in downtown Tampa. This is a cashless toll as I know from driving on it to Tampa cruise terminal. Just pick up I-4 east as soon as you can and stay on it until you start seeing all the WDW signs.

A bit of extra information if not already aware. Junction numbers on I-4 are mileages from Tampa not sequential as they are in the UK. On your way up you will see a junction 33 and the next one might be 38.

Mick
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A bit of extra information if not already aware. Junction numbers on I-4 are mileages from Tampa not sequential as they are in the UK. On your way up you will see a junction 33 and the next one might be 38.

Mick
Been caught on on the Selmon Expressway going to watch the Lightning once, never again !

However everyday is a learning day, did not know the Junctions were mile markers and I've been driving in the US for decades !
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mick
This is one of the best things they have on their roads, I wish everywhere did it like that,
If there are 2 junctions in the same mile they are usually A and B
grant_w is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Been caught on on the Selmon Expressway going to watch the Lightning once, never again !

However everyday is a learning day, did not know the Junctions were mile markers and I've been driving in the US for decades !

We were meeting Joan's brother off a cruise that had docked there so I had, luckily, researched the route and that was the easiest way off the Interstate. I was driving an Alamo car as well so I knew what costs I would expect.

I don't know exactly when the numbering changed - maybe 10 years ago. All the junctions around 192 and WDW used to be mid-20s. Now they're mid 60s. Could be the same on the I-75, 95 and 275 as well but I never drive them regularly.

Mick
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
leee
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I don't know exactly when the numbering changed - maybe 10 years ago. All the junctions around 192 and WDW used to be mid-20s. Now they're mid 60s. Could be the same on the I-75, 95 and 275 as well but I never drive them regularly.

Mick
I remember when we went in 2007 the satnav told us to exit the I4 at J64b to enter the 192 but 64b and 64a had been merged so we had to drive down to the next junction. I'm no expert though, but I do remember having to ignore the satnav on other occasions.
leee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List