Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
AP, Split stay and FP+ -Beware!

What a nightmare!

I'm on-site for two weeks in May so assumed I'd be able to book fast passes for the whole time I'm there and not be restricted to just 7 days worth.

However, I have a couple of days off-site in the middle so it seems if you have a break then the system defaults to 7 days and it won't allow more FPs.

It's so annoying. I wouldn't have minded usually as I have been on most rides many time but my daughter is joining me for the second week and I was hoping to get passes for us both on Slinky and Avatar (she's not been on these).

I thought I'd have to cancel a couple of days worth of my own passes in week 1 to free up space for week 2 but guest services eventually managed to sort something out for me but it took 2 phone calls, 3 CMs and nearly two hours on the phone!

You'd think there would be a way to allow for breaks in on-site stays to allow FP+ booking but it seems that's too complicated for them!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I can see why they're doing it - they don't want people to stay off site, spending money at other places and not with them. And in effect it's two separate on site bookings of 7 days each - it's not a continuous fortnight.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I can see why they're doing it - they don't want people to stay off site, spending money at other places and not with them. And in effect it's two separate on site bookings of 7 days each - it's not a continuous fortnight.
Do the same conditions apply for 14 day UK tickets or MYW tickets that are 7+ days?
ie split stays only get 7 days of FP+?

If so then fair enough, but if not then it seems to penalise AP holders.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Do the same conditions apply for 14 day UK tickets or MYW tickets that are 7+ days?
ie split stays only get 7 days of FP+?

If so then fair enough, but if not then it seems to penalise AP holders.
Yes , we have 14 day tickets but only onsite for 5 , I can only book 5 days at 60 days out rest at 30.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Yes , we have 14 day tickets but only onsite for 5 , I can only book 5 days at 60 days out rest at 30.
Yes, I understand that if you go off-site then the rule applies but what about if you have an ON-SITE split stay?

eg Polynesian for 5 days/off site for 2/Beach Club for 7?

Not expecting 60 day rule to apply when off-site (2days in middle) but would expect to be able to book more than 2 days of FP+ when second on-site window opens at 60 days.

For clarity - I CAN book the second stay FP+ at 60 days but only 2 days worth (for a total of 7 days FP+ in the two week period)

So, does THIS rule (max 7 days worth of FP+ for 2 onsite resorts) apply to UK14day tickets or just to AP holders?
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I feel your pain as we have just gone through it as well. It only applies to AP's as far as I know and not those doing an onsite then offsite trip with a 14 or 21 day ticket.

From my discussions with the Guest Services people if in your situation you dont book FP's for the 2 day offsite window the 7 day rule doesn't kick in. However book 1 FP for an offsite day and it does.
But it's not as simple as that either. The MDE system cannot cope with a break that then brings you back onsite and thats where you need Guest Services help.

This was my issue and timeline
1. March 19 - 11 night Villa stay
2. May 19 - 5 nights CSR
3. May 19 - 18 nights SSR

No 1 booked FP's at 30 days out on a day by day basis and I picked 7 days worth of FP's - couldn't do anymore than that which I knew. No problems, thats the ruling. Use 1 day up and you can book another

No 2 whose 60 day booking window opened up whilst we were experiencing trip 1. I could book all of the CSR days being 5 in total. That didn't surprise me as I thought I may be able to

No 3 I knew it wouldn't 'flow' with FP's as the 60 day rule struggles with onsite moves. However the 60 day came around and zilch. Still not showing.

I waited 2 days and went to Guest Services in a Park and picked the AP one at the MK. Their view was I shouldn't have even been able to book CSR let alone try for SSR.
They said every time I used 1 days worth of the Villa stay FP's I could book another day for the onsite stay - wrong! It wouldn't do it.

In the end I rang the AP website support Guys and some awesome Lady booked my whole trips worth in 5 mins flat at the exact consecutive times I wanted
She could book FP's by overriding the system and not looking for availability.

In summary - the AP system is fine until you step out of the norm. Do that and it is all over the place as you have found out.

Best I can do sorry but my confusing saga may help - or maybe not!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
You were lucky Mr T to get such a helpful CM - hope you took a note of her number for future ref!
The 3 CMs I dealt with really struggled to book mine but we eventually got there and have the rides we wanted. Not perfect timing/days wise but I'm happy enough and grateful to the CM who managed it in the end.
It shouldn't be that hard though -I bet plenty of AP holders just give up but the system should be able to recognise on-site stays and let the guest do the booking.
Old 23 Mar 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We did a split stay at Christmas with the 14 day tickets attached to the first booking. We had no break in between checked out of contemporary and into the beach club the same day, we managed to book all our fastpasses at 60 days from our first day at the contemporary.
However, I’ve read a lot to say with the closing of all loopholes you can no longer do this and it would be 60 days from the start of each stay which ties in with your issues. It would put me off doing a split stay again especially at such a busy time of year which is a shame as we loved it.
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Mobile

We have two consecutive stays and 14 dAy passes. In the past I’ve had to book each stay separately. So I can book 60 days from the check in for first stay for those days. And then have to wait a week to book at 60 days from checkin of the second stay.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
It is a bit of a hassle having to wait for the 60 day window for the second resort of the split but at least you get to book all 14 days of FP+.

The trouble with APs is the additional problem of only being able to book 7 days of FP+ in total when it's a split stay.

It's a problem I wasn't aware of before this trip but now that I know I'll be very reluctant to book on-site split stays with an AP in future. Which is a real bother as I don't always have enough DVC points to stay in one resort for the whole trip.