Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Oct 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I hope this is in the correct section but I can't seem to find any answers elsewhere on the forum.

I have had a gastric sleeve meaning I can eat very little now. When dining out at home I usually order a starter, side or a child's meal. I have a medical card which I usually show if questioned on ordering a child's meal (most places state under 12) does anyone know if this would be accepted in Orlando also? Or if anyone has ordered a child's meal and not had any issues? X
Hi Kelly. I suspect no one will bat an eyelid at you ordering a child’s meal or starter. With portion sizes being generous over there, it’s not uncommon for adults to order a child’s meal or starters. I doubt anyone will question you at all. Hope you have a fab time and can relax in terms of concern about whether you’ll need to justify your meal size choices
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I hope this is in the correct section but I can't seem to find any answers elsewhere on the forum.

I have had a gastric sleeve meaning I can eat very little now. When dining out at home I usually order a starter, side or a child's meal. I have a medical card which I usually show if questioned on ordering a child's meal (most places state under 12) does anyone know if this would be accepted in Orlando also? Or if anyone has ordered a child's meal and not had any issues? X
Not me but a relative went after having a sleeve done and had no problem at ordering Childs meals. You won’t need to explain yourself so just go and enjoy your holiday x
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susu View Post
Hi Kelly. I suspect no one will bat an eyelid at you ordering a child’s meal or starter. With portion sizes being generous over there, it’s not uncommon for adults to order a child’s meal or starters. I doubt anyone will question you at all. Hope you have a fab time and can relax in terms of concern about whether you’ll need to justify your meal size choices
Originally Posted by *Dory* View Post
Not me but a relative went after having a sleeve done and had no problem at ordering Childs meals. You won’t need to explain yourself so just go and enjoy your holiday x
That's fab thank you both, I was working myself up a little as I have been questioned a few times over here but showing the medical card always seems to work. It's usually in places where it states child's meal under 12s etc only.

Thank you again x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was just researching some menus and spotted that Disney have added allergy friendly menus to many of their resort restaurant menus which is a great expansion as they used to only do this for park menus. Gives me more confidence about eating out
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Afternoon,
I am having a memory blank, I was sure in previous years I could view the gluten free options on MDE in the dining section but I cannot seem to find this now
Am I imagining this?
can anyone tell me if you can still view
Thanks
Old 28 Jul 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by lynne6705 View Post
Afternoon,
I am having a memory blank, I was sure in previous years I could view the gluten free options on MDE in the dining section but I cannot seem to find this now
Am I imagining this?
can anyone tell me if you can still view
Thanks
The best way of seeing allergy menus in MDE that I have found is through the mobile ordering bit. If that particular restaurant has options listed they will be at the end of the list. I haven't seen them under the 'View menu' pages at all though.
Old 10 Jan 23, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
goofy19
Earning My Ears

After being recently diagnosed with celiac disease this will be my first year at Disney eating GF.

Thankyou all for your tips and information
goofy19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 23, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gnasher2005
Trading Disney Pins

Any recent dairy free recommendations... we go with a dairy free teen in July
Gnasher2005 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets