Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 15 Jan 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Thoughts on 1st draft of my August itinerary much appreciated

Just that really! It's 2A and 2C (girls aged 9 and 6) and we have 8 nights at Beach Club (on DDP) and then pick up a car and transfer to a villa (Regal Oaks) for 9 nights. I have been to Orlando 3 times but not since the 90s and this is kids first visit (they have been to DLP twice). One month to go until ADR day so really want to be finalising where on what day to make dining reservations.

Day 1 Wed 14th - arrival at Beach Club

Day 2 Thurs 15th - MK. Lunch at Crystal Palace (not sure about this but can't put my finger on why, would like character dining and don't really want to use 2TS for CRT)

Day 3 Fri 16th - HS. Do as much as we can in morning, lunch at Sci-Fi, then maybe back to hotel pool

Day 4 Sat 17th - EPCOT. Either lunch or breakfast at Akershus. Again probably back to pool to chill out later

Day 5 Sun 18th - Typhoon Lagoon. Dinner somewhere at DS, thinking of Homecomin'?

Day 6 Mon 19th - AK. Lunch at Tusker House

Day 7 Tues 20th - MK. Now this is where I was planning Ohana for dinner but am unsure following my recent thread on here. Also this date will be MNSSHP (which we will not attend but means that Happily Ever After isn't happening). Not sure what to do here. Could head on monorail to EPCOT for dinner and then we are walking distance back. Any suggestions?

Day 8 Wed 21st - AK morning, lunch at Satuli Canteen. Possibly head to HS in afternoon and then boat back or straight back to hotel for swimming if we don't feel need to revisit HS. Dinner at Beaches n Cream.

Day 9 Thurs 22nd - Epcot for EMH. Brunch at Cape May Café. Check out, get car from Car Care Centre and check in to Regal Oaks

Day 10 Fri 23rd - Blizzard Beach

Day 11 Sat 24th - Chill out at villa, swim. Evening at Old Town

Day 12 Sun 25th - Chill out at villa, airboat tour (which one and what time is best? early evening?)

Day 13 Mon 26th - Disney park of everyone's choice / where we feel we need more time

Day 14 Tues 27th - Check in to RPR. Universal Studios, where to eat in the evening? Bubba Gump?

Day 15 Wed 28th - IoA. Check out RPR.

Day 16 Thurs 29th - Volcano Bay

Day 17 Fri 30th - Either relax at villa, pool etc or revisit Universal if needed/wanted

Day 18 Sat 31st - Check out of villa and fly home.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Looks good, if you’re doing Akerhaus then I wouldn’t worry about 2TS at CRT either, I love Crystal Palace. Option for 20th, you could do Chef Mickeys at Contemporary or 1900 Park Fare dinner at Grand Floridian... you can still get monorail back to Epcot and then walk through to hotel.

Week ends can get get busy at the pools, however at least if you decide on a lay in you can, I seem to hit a wall by day 3/4 and just need to chill.

Sorry ETA Are you getting Landrys card as you get priority seating at Bubba Gumps

Edited at 11:07 PM.
JellyEllieBean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We are there at the same time, and our Beach Club dates overlap with you! Looks good. If you want character dining on your MK day, you could easily get to Chef Mickey or 1900 Park Fayre on the monorail. Have you thought about when you would do the evening shows, particularly with MNSSHP interfering?
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

If you have a car whilst at Universal going offsite might be possible too, I was looking and lots of the chains seem to be quite close (I haven’t done Universal before, but was thinking we might eat offsite at least once when we were there)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Looks good, if you’re doing Akerhaus then I wouldn’t worry about 2TS at CRT either, I love Crystal Palace. Option for 20th, you could do Chef Mickeys at Contemporary or 1900 Park Fare dinner at Grand Floridian... you can still get monorail back to Epcot and then walk through to hotel.

Week ends can get get busy at the pools, however at least if you decide on a lay in you can, I seem to hit a wall by day 3/4 and just need to chill.

Sorry ETA Are you getting Landrys card as you get priority seating at Bubba Gumps
Thanks, yes Chef Mickey is an option. I've been to 1900 Park Fare on my last visit so would probably go for Chef Mickey's as I've not been in the Contemporary before.
No, we hadn't planned a Landry card, do you recommend it? TBH I haven't though much about eating at Universal as been concentrating on my Disney planning. I did fancy Margaritaville, but not sure it's suitable for the kids?
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
If you have a car whilst at Universal going offsite might be possible too, I was looking and lots of the chains seem to be quite close (I haven’t done Universal before, but was thinking we might eat offsite at least once when we were there)
We will have the car but I predict my partner will want to have a drink in the evening.
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are there the same time too. Just done my plans. So are you avoiding emh days? I’ve just replanned to make use of emh but do most people
Avoid emh days so that it’s quieter? Also had to replay cos Halloween party nights scuppered my plans!
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

We have the Landrys card, you pay $25 up front, which you get off at your first Landrys meal. If you say your birthday is in August then you get given $25 credit on your card. In the past you have been able to spend both together on the bill, but I have read on here that this has changed and they only let you take one lot of $25 off, I’m sure someone else will confirm. You can use at Bubba Gumps, Rainforest, Yak and Yeti and T-Rex, all of which tend to have big queues so it’s great to show the card and you get next available table.

For any following visits every birthday month they credit you with $25 and this lasts a month, so when we go back in the summer I will have the money to spend on a meal on my card. My hubby has one too.

Haven’t been to Margaritaville, I always like the look of it too, but we did like Bubba Gumps
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are also there the same time as you but heading to univeral first before Disney for 16 nights. Your plans look good,realistic with the heat and the kids.

I'm just finalising my plans. We make use of the EMH quite a lot as you can get so much done with no fast passes and short queues. I have used extra morning magic hours to visit a park early with no FP,take a break mid day and then head to a park for the evening with fastpasses and for a sit down dinner. I think if you are on site then EMH are really worth it, that's part of what you pay a premium for.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List