Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 12 Feb 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No! Stop it, that is a terrible thing to do to a Yorkshire pudding.
Hi Claudette, I'd never heard of/seen it until mid 80's on a Wisbech farm. Friends ma dished up YP post-meal, likely I looked stunned as 7 of 'em slathered on butter and soft brown sugar, so I was handed some... ohh, that works rather well I remember thinking! Apparently it's not as rare as I thought, Chef Brian Turner discusses YP recipes HERE (including a splash of vinegar), half milk/water apparently makes for a crisper pud. Left overs re-heat and eat with jam and sugar.

The lettuce leaf splashed with malt vinegar and sugar was courtesy of Essex friends, that I really liked [too]

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
No I like yorkies with golden syrup, straight after the mains... DH still prefers his on his dinner though...
Di, lovely init, try a bit of butter too next time
Old 12 Feb 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Paprika roast lamb
With a dusting of vegeta
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have a roast occasionally and if we do, it’s at teatime, never at lunchtime. We like to go out on a Sunday and doing a roast early would stop that. We do like roast, but I wouldn’t want one every week.

Always had roast lunch on saundays as a child and then a cold tea of sandwich, trifle or tinned fruit for pudding. Mum used to bake on sundays too. In our family, we still have a family day on sundays, but we’re not just stuck in the house.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Making a Sunday roast right now and just been discussing with my husband about how when I was a kid my mum used to make a Sunday dinner every week we’d eat around 2pm then all the family aunts uncles cousins etc would meet up at my Nan’s house for a couple of hours then home for chicken butties and baths ready for school the next day. Made me quite nostalgic really. Things kind of changed when all the shops opened on a Sunday and people found better things to do.

I’m guilty of this too we don’t always make a Sunday lunch often we go shopping and eat out etc.

Do you do a Sunday lunch?

Do you think it’s a dying tradition? Just curious really 😁

We have a Sunday roast every Sunday, it's very rare that we don't. We have it late afternoon then normally watch a movie as a family then do baths and all that for school the next day
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m cooking the Sunday roast now 😂 we had pizza on Sunday!

We normally have a roast once a week, just isn’t always on a Sunday as it depends what we have planned.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Whenever I am back home in Ireland its a roast two or three times a week !
Married to an Italian chef our food steers more to the Italian style of cooking ,but we have a monthly roast in the winter. I love love my mash potatoes with shredded cabbage and yorkshire puds , oh and mashed swede. Hungry now.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I pretty much do one every Sunday though not in summer but i’ll Order one in a restaurant if we eat out on a Sunday. Can’t beat a home cooked roast.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

When I was a child and lived with my Nan...we always had a Sunday dinner...a tradition I carried on when the boys were growing up.
When we moved to Spain we never had a Sunday lunch ...more the liquid variety 😂
But since we have been back and our son comes every Sunday we are back to doing them again .
Husband cooks not me.
Jet is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I last cooked a roast on June before my son left for Canada, it’s too hot for roasts now. I will be back cooking then in October