Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More (Port) Adventures in Salou - Day 7

More (Port) Adventures in Salou
Day 7 – Monday 4th June 2018

The Index is here
Day 6 is here

Today was our last day . But our flight wasn’t until 9pm, so we still had a whole day to enjoy the parks ...

Tom and I went down for a quick breakfast at 8:10am and were back in the room by half-past – Bacon, fried eggs and beans, followed by a couple of mini-cakes and some pineapple for me…

Chocolate pancakes and some churros for Tom…

(He was too quick for me to get a pancakes pic )

A last-minute sweep of the room and toiletries in the case, and we were ready to check out just after 9am..

We left our luggage in the storage room at the hotel. I paid €1 to weigh our case, and it was 18.6kg, so plenty under the 20kg limit . I also found the laundry room and there were showers available to use too.

We made our final walk up to PortAventura, getting in just after 10am. The queue for Furious Baco (back-ache) was only 10 mins, so Tom and I went on. I didn’t bother putting my bum-bag in the locker (as Rich had the valuables), so managed to get a few pics in the queue-line…

We were on the back row, and it wasn’t too bad on my back or neck this time, so I enjoyed it more ...

We walked up to China for a single-rider go on Shambhala each for me and Rich (Tom still wasn’t feeling the mega-coaster love just yet).

We were all going to go on Dragon Khan next..

...but it was a 30-minute queue. Tom said he wasn’t too bothered about going on, so we left it and walked over to El Diablo (Tren de la Mina). It wasn’t open yet (11am), so we mooched around Mexico for half an hour, grabbing a bottle of Coke to share (€3.20), and Tom bought a key-ring (€4.95)…

At 11:25am there was no queue for Hurakan Condor (which opened at 11:30am), so I jumped in and was first on – I went for the stand-up tower, which was a bit better than the sit-down ride earlier in the week, but still not very forceful…

As we were nearby, Tom and I had a go on Serpentia Emplumada – Rich gave it a miss as he really didn’t enjoy the spinning earlier in the week ...

We mooched round to Far West to ride Stampida next, but it wasn’t running .

It was 11:55am and, having skipped breakfast, Rich was quite hungry, so we walked over the The Steak House, but it wasn’t serving until 12:30pm...

We filled the time by having a go on Silver Flume, which had a 20-minute queue…

After, we headed straight back to The Steak House – the boys had burgers, I had a chicken skewer and we shared a large Coke (€29)…

I enjoyed mine, but Rich wasn’t mega fussed. The entertainment was a bit like a mini Country Bears Jamboree (even though we’ve never actually seen it on 6 Disney trips )…

We headed back over to Stampida after lunch...

It was still down, but the cast members were giving signs that it wouldn’t be long, so we rested in the shade for about 10-minutes. They eventually opened the queue line, so Tom and I joined the little crowd of waiting guests and we were held at the red and blue wagons whilst they ran a couple of test trains. Some of the waiting guests were very loud and annoying .

Eventually the queue opened properly, and we chose the blue line and we were on the first train, which they only filled the front 4 rows of (leaving the loud annoying guests to wait for the next train ).

After, we met back up with Rich and we walked back up towards China, stopping off for a ride on El Diablo (Tren de la Mina)…

Then it was time for a final single-rider go each on Shambhala for me and Rich. I went first, and then hung around the station to get some shots of Rich on the train…

It was then time to say Adios to our favourite ride ...

We walked through SasamoAventura and stopped for a Coke (€3.20) in Polynesia. Tom fancied a ride on Dino Escape 4D, so he and I left Rich to rest and went on…

After, we all chilled in the shade until 4pm when it was finally time to make our way out of the park for the final time ...

We stopped off at Michelangelo's for some sandwich and picky bits (€6-ish) and a pack of cigarettes for Rich (€5.15), and we sat at the outdoor tables to have our little picnic tea…

Then Tom and I nipped back in for some ice creams (€4.05)…

I’d been intending to get some cash out of the ATM as we were a bit short for the taxi to the airport, but I realised I’d packed my card in the suitcase.

We were back at the hotel by 5:30pm and rested for about 20 minutes before I got the cases out of storage, retrieved my card and wandered down to the ATM to get €20. I popped into Michelangelo's on the way back to get a couple of cans of Pepsi Max (78c) to break the note, so that I’d have change for the Taxi...

At 6:20pm I had a mini make-up refresh and Tom got changed, and I wrote up my notes to this point. I didn’t make any more notes, but according to the pics we arrived at the airport for 7:20pm, so we must’ve booked the taxi for 7pm - it would have cost about €35, inc tip.

A final pic of Shambhala (Shammy-B) in the distance...

Our bag-check line wasn’t open yet, and the signs were showing our flight was delayed, so we sat down in the queue and waited…

Once we’d finally checked our bags, Tom said he was a bit hungry, so we got him some nuggets (€4.95) and a cheese toastie (€3.95) from the café…

At about 9pm, Rich and I got changed into our jeans and Rich had a final smoke before we went through Security to Departures. Tom bought a bottle of Paco (€28) and we got some Sangria Mix for Mom (about €15 – I think)...

We also got some water and pop for the flight.

I’d been tracking our plane online – it eventually landed at 10:35pm-ish, and by 10:50pm we were sat in our seats (Ryanair can turn a plane around fast). So overall, our delay was about 2 hours...

We landed back at East Midlands at about 12am, UK time, and we were home (via the 24-hour shop for bread and milk) by 2:30am. We had some tea and toast, emailed school to let them know that Tom wouldn’t be making it in on Tuesday due to the delay, and finally made it to bed at 3.30am

The Summary is here

Edited at 07:09 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

You made good use of the last day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List