Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Dec 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Interesting insight.

It looks like they are behind target start date already, with them announcing rooms subject to change. I think they originally announced it would start late this year. Hopefully it won’t be a 6 month +delay like with OKW.

Given it’s twice the size of OKW, I wonder if they’ll even get it done in 2 years?
Mmm, unless they let them do 2 blocks at a time I see it taking 2 years. Maybe a few months less but not much.

Depends if there are tight demarcation rules with the contractor. If Carpenters etc are multi tasked it will be quicker. But if they are strictly operating the trades and no crossovers then no

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Any updates on when the refurb may commence?
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Just hope it doesn't go like the BWV refurb. That overran by 18 months!
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve recently swapped to SSR from POR, do you think I should ask for a particular area to get a refurbed room?
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Refurb will not even start until later in the year- I suspect early summer when OKW is finished- they will not refurb two at once. OKW was delayed by at least 6 months, which is why I suspect SSR is delayed (was originally announced as starting late last year).
Over on another forum someone recently spotted some permits for some more test rooms- I suspect 1 and 2 beds or different configs, indicating they havent decided on final layout yet.
I am currently booked into SSR at Xmas but I vowed if possible only to stop there again when the refurb was done. I dont think I will have much chance of getting a refurb room at Xmas so am planning on switching if I can, which is a shame as I really wanted to stay there this year.
Once it starts I suspect we may see a 2 year total refurb. Balfour Beatty, a UK headquartered company are doing it (well, they have put in the permits for the refurb test rooms.)
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Link to permits- or.occompt/recorder/eagle...=DOC2534S20445

Edit- having looked at the permit myself, it could mean more model (test) rooms at Saratoga, but I suppose this could also possibly mean model rooms (for Riviera?) at the DVC sales centre.

Either way, they definately will not be starting Saratoga for some months yet until OKW is about finaished.

Edited at 01:14 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Awesome! Thank you
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the info!

I've booked a studio for 6 nights for the end of August, then moving to a 2 bed at Copper Creek for the remaining 10 nights. Ideally I would have staying at CC for the entire stay but availability is limited as I've only just booked now. Hoping the studios at SSR are still in reasonable condition (I've heard some reports to suggest otherwise) Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited at 10:18 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Refurb will not even start until later in the year- I suspect early summer when OKW is finished- they will not refurb two at once. OKW was delayed by at least 6 months, which is why I suspect SSR is delayed (was originally announced as starting late last year).
Over on another forum someone recently spotted some permits for some more test rooms- I suspect 1 and 2 beds or different configs, indicating they havent decided on final layout yet.
I am currently booked into SSR at Xmas but I vowed if possible only to stop there again when the refurb was done. I dont think I will have much chance of getting a refurb room at Xmas so am planning on switching if I can, which is a shame as I really wanted to stay there this year.
Once it starts I suspect we may see a 2 year total refurb. Balfour Beatty, a UK headquartered company are doing it (well, they have put in the permits for the refurb test rooms.)
Here's my view. Bearing in mind we are now in March, not one sign of any equipment onsite and certainly no fencing up around a block.
That to me means not one room will be refurbished and ready for occupancy this year.

It will take 2 months minimum from the word go to getting to a stage where they can safely start on the first block in their scheme.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Here's my view. Bearing in mind we are now in March, not one sign of any equipment onsite and certainly no fencing up around a block.
That to me means not one room will be refurbished and ready for occupancy this year.

It will take 2 months minimum from the word go to getting to a stage where they can safely start on the first block in their scheme.
Do you think they will even start this year Tom?