Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Edam1975
Imagineer

If the weather's good, you can get on a lovely boat trip to Bodiam Castle from Bodiam Boating Station. Takes about 45 mins.

If you fancy fish and chips at all, Maggie's in Hastings is the best fish and chips I have ever had hands down. You have to book a table in advance though you may be ok midweek during term time.

1986 - Howard Johnsons / 1989 - Quality Inn / 1994 - All Star Sports / 2005 - Tuscan Hills / 2011 - Cumbrian Lakes / 2012 - Lindfields / 2014 - Formosa Gardens / 2014 - Emerald Island / 2016 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2018 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2022 - Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, LA, Disneyland (Grand Californian), San Diego / 2023 - Grand Floridian, Anna Maria Island, RPR
Edam1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
loolieboo1410
Earning More Ears

If you are determined to visit Chatsworth, I'd drop Hardwick. Chatsworth is huge (and expensive!) so you can easily fill a day to make the most of the ticket price. Book online and save yourself the £4 parking charge too!
The café and restaurant there are nice, though expensive. Book afternoon tea in advance if that's what you think you might like to do. They are often very busy due to coach trips etc. There are lovely pubs in Baslow and Rowsley either side though if that's what you prefer.
loolieboo1410 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh you'll be very near where my parents live in Broad Oak. My mum volunteers at Batemans, it's beautiful there and in the holidays do various activities for children. My mum is normally the one reading the stories!
We had a good lunch in the Rose and Crown in Burwash once, just up the road from Bateman's
In true Disney style, "It's a small, small world" - my parents also live in Broad Oak!
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Edam1975 View Post
If the weather's good, you can get on a lovely boat trip to Bodiam Castle from Bodiam Boating Station. Takes about 45 mins.

If you fancy fish and chips at all, Maggie's in Hastings is the best fish and chips I have ever had hands down. You have to book a table in advance though you may be ok midweek during term time.
We ate at the Lime Wharf Cafe at the Bodiam Boating Station last summer - it was really nice (except for the weather - it was raining cats and dogs!)
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
We ate at the Lime Wharf Cafe at the Bodiam Boating Station last summer - it was really nice (except for the weather - it was raining cats and dogs!)
Rachael C...

We also live in the area, andi know it like the back of our hands

Love Broad Oak, Brede, Westfield, Udimore, Rye, Northiam

Disney332
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Rachael C...

We also live in the area, andi know it like the back of our hands

Love Broad Oak, Brede, Westfield, Udimore, Rye, Northiam

Disney332
It's a such a lovely area - my parents have lived in various places all around there over the last 15 years or so.

I just saw you recommended The Curlew - I've never been, but I do know that the "olds" like going there.
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

It's a such a lovely area - my parents have lived in various places all around there over the last 15 years or so.

I just saw you recommended The Curlew - I've never been, but I do know that the "olds" like going there.
I am an ‘old’ !

Seriously, its Michelin Star good...

I have had 60 odd years to love this part of England...

We should have a Dibber meet here?

Disney332
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I am an ‘old’ !

Disney332
Ha! I was specifically thinking of my parents when I said "olds". I know that it's also enjoyed by other generations! Someone I used to work with went there for dinner for his birthday and said it was really good. Perhaps I should get the parents to take me there for lunch next time I'm down!

Dibber meet would work well, there seem to be quite a few of us with a connection to the area!
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

In true Disney style, "It's a small, small world" - my parents also live in Broad Oak!
How funny, a small world indeed! My Dad grew up in Hastings and knew he wanted to retire in East Sussex. They moved about 8 years ago now, I was gutted when they did as I loved having them up the road from me but I love going down to visit. Such a beautiful part of the country and only about 90 minutes from where I am

Edited at 10:17 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am an ‘old’ !

Disney332
A Dibb meet sounds like a great idea!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List