Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Not if you are only going to and from the airport you wouldn't.
Interesting. Please post the routing to avoid all the tolls from MCO to say Disney Springs, I might try it in May when I pick up friends from airport ( We are into Sanford ourselves) . I never managed to find one that didn’t take us far off route.
Although we tend to use tollpass, I’d gladly pass this route on to folks on a tight budget
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Buy mince and spag Bol sauce from Walmart, should have enough for two meals, freeze one for the following week (not forgetting pasta)

Corn dogs, pizza, chips, burgers, all the usual “junk” food we all crave, can be bought cheaply from the supermarket. Is there an Aldi near the villa ?

Have a look online for an idea on prices. Not forgetting to look at my favourite...Dollar tree
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Hi, I posted this last year after we came home. (Hope the link works)

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1092862

We were staying onsite so never had parking charges but I do think you will manage fairly easily. We ate out everyday (apart from breakfast), mainly had free iced water, no alcohol with our meals but we did buy wine and beers in Walmart to have at our hotel. We spent around $100 - $120 every day and we are a family of 4. You can check the Disney menus for prices, that might reassure you a bit. Have a great time.
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

thats what we do once we been walgreens then johny rockets for a bite we go back room and sort envelopes out for 14 days
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
When staying at HRH definitely take drinks/snacks with you, the hotel shop is expensive and the restaurants at Universal aren’t cheap like offsite - when we were last there in 2016 the cheapest we found a bottle of water at Universal was $5!
We’re doing HRH stay for 3 nights at the end of our holiday this year so we’re dropping the car as parking is about $27 per night but will take plenty of provisions from the villa for our 2 teens to snack on as they won’t manage on a couple of meals and may take some cereal bar type things for breakfast.
I’m sure you’ll have an amazing time!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I wouldn't say you have plenty but it's manageable.
Supermarket shopping can be expensive , a lot depends on how you eat , for some people breakfast means a full fry up daily , for others cereal (that can potentially be brought from home). Fruit is also expensive ... however a hot cooked chicken and ready prepared salad bought at a supermarket along with a pie for pudding makes for a great "takeaway" dinner around your pool. Grazing rather than meals just like at home tends to mean more expensive snacks so is more costly.
Take a look at dixonsontour food reports , she works on a budget of $100 a day for two adults and a teen and breaks the costs down so will give you some great ideas.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Interesting. Please post the routing to avoid all the tolls from MCO to say Disney Springs, I might try it in May when I pick up friends from airport ( We are into Sanford ourselves) . I never managed to find one that didn’t take us far off route.
Although we tend to use tollpass, I’d gladly pass this route on to folks on a tight budget
Go onto google maps and enter MCO to Disney Springs and select avoid tolls in the options.. This is one of several available.

Orlando International Airport
1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827, USA

Take Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Bear Rd and McCoy Rd to FL-482 W/W Sand Lake Rd in Pine Castle
13 min (6.3 mi)

Head north on Access Rd/Jeff Fuqua Blvd
Continue to follow Jeff Fuqua Blvd

1.3 mi

Slight right (signs for Cargo Road)

0.3 mi

Turn right onto Cargo Rd

0.7 mi

Cargo Rd turns right and becomes Bear Rd

2.0 mi

Turn right onto Tradeport Dr

0.2 mi

Turn left onto McCoy Rd

1.8 mi

Continue on FL-482 W/W Sand Lake Rd to your destination in Lake Buena Vista
26 min (14.7 mi)

Continue onto FL-482 W/W Sand Lake Rd
Pass by Perkins Restaurant & Bakery (on the right in 6.5 mi)

6.7 mi

Slight right to merge onto I-4 W

6.9 mi

Use the right lane to take exit 67

0.2 mi

Keep right, follow signs for Epcot/Disney Springs

0.4 mi

Keep right, follow signs for Buena Vist Dr

0.4 mi

Keep left at the fork

440 ft
Disney Springs
1486 East Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830, USA

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Thanks bighal
Will copy those and try next time.

Have you used them yourself?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sweet Tomatoes is another cheap option - & a nice change from all the fried food.
You can order Domino’s online & have it delivered to your villa. It’s mch better food than we get here & you get a lot, so it may stretch to two dinners?
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

There are Disney buses which go from Disney Springs to the theme parks, so you wouldn't need to go to a different resort first. I know we've used them when we've been in a theme park and had a reservation at Disney Springs.
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List