Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

BA flight time change arrrgh

We booked our holiday with the return flight layover at Gatwick very much in mind , last time it was 3 hrs, a nightmare with two young kids and four grumpy and tired out adults, so got our flight just right ,(we thought) with a 1 hr 15 min layover which according to BA is the minimum, this was 9 months ago, roll forward to this morning , we regret we have made changes to your itinerary email ,
Because of a five minute change it the timetable we now have the early flight back to Gatwick and. 3and a half hour layover , I complained and got nowhere,wouldn’t even put us in a lounge this is our third BA holiday , but will probably be our last.
Very disappointed,anyone else had this !
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sort of they just cancelled our return flight up & moved it to Heathrow but still flying into Gatwick! Totally unsuitable as well as your own responsibility to get between airports In the end I insisted that they move us to the Glasgow flight, we were out of Edinburgh & was just a bit of a hassle organising lifts to & from airports. The short connection flight is notorious for running late though, on our last trip on it, there were about 30 passengers with no luggage, in Glasgow, as although we all sprinted across Gatwick to make it the luggage had no chance!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libbyimo View Post
We booked our holiday with the return flight layover at Gatwick very much in mind , last time it was 3 hrs, a nightmare with two young kids and four grumpy and tired out adults, so got our flight just right ,(we thought) with a 1 hr 15 min layover which according to BA is the minimum, this was 9 months ago, roll forward to this morning , we regret we have made changes to your itinerary email ,
Because of a five minute change it the timetable we now have the early flight back to Gatwick and. 3and a half hour layover , I complained and got nowhere,wouldn’t even put us in a lounge this is our third BA holiday , but will probably be our last.
We had this happen last year and we managed to change our flights without any bother. We specifically wanted the later flight from MCO and they had moved us to the earlier one. Luckily we could move our whole booking by a day to get the later flight and not have a long wait at Gatwick.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
We had this happen last year and we managed to change our flights without any bother. We specifically wanted the later flight from MCO and they had moved us to the earlier one. Luckily we could move our whole booking by a day to get the later flight and not have a long wait at Gatwick.
I asked for anything that would help ease or reduce the wait, including offering to pay for and upgrade for all 6 of us,they were unable to even quote for this as the computer wouldn’t let them quote for the transatlantic leg only , find that hard to believe ,but that’s whats happened,
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had ours changed to the earlier flight a couple of weeks ago but I felt a bit relieved as I was starting to stress about the 1hr 15 min layover. We are 4 adults and a 2 year old. I know it’s a hang off at Gatwick but it definitely suits us better.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

This happened to friends of ours. They called and were switched to the later aer lingus flight followed by a Dublin back to Glasgow flight. I think she had to argue her case but they changed her without any additional cost.
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
This happened to friends of ours. They called and were switched to the later aer lingus flight followed by a Dublin back to Glasgow flight. I think she had to argue her case but they changed her without any additional cost.
I’ve called twice ,they are simply not interested, and I don’t have the energy to argue any more ,it beginning to annoy me and I don’t want to spoil the run up ,I’ll just book a lounge for us and relax,
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Personally I’d have gone for the 3 1/2 hr layover rather than 1 1/4 hr one. Esp coming back from MCO. It only takes a few minutes delay on take off from MCO and the connection is missed. Also getting thro immigration at Gatwick can take time.

I’d rather take my time getting off the plane, getting thro immigration, have a bite to eat then a strolll to departures.

My choice of course, Each to their own.

I’m glad that you have decided to now let it go. Think of all the positives for your holiday instead of stressing. You are going to the best place in the world after all!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

I’ve called twice ,they are simply not interested, and I don’t have the energy to argue any more ,it beginning to annoy me and I don’t want to spoil the run up ,I’ll just book a lounge for us and relax,
Is this for your flight this week? If so the short time to go could have had an effect on what is available. BA will not offer you any sort of lounge access without a qualifying flight. Is this a BA flight only or a holiday booking as BA will not change a holiday booking until it has been handed to them just before online check in opens. I spoke to BA Holidays to change ours. On a previous flight only I spoke to BA direct and they moved us to an Aer Lingus flight both ways. You do need to have some idea of what you want that BA can actually offer you. If the person isn't being very helpful ask to speak to their supervisor/manager.

Edited at 10:17 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Is this for your flight this week? If so the short time to go could have had an effect on what is available. BA will not offer you any sort of lounge access without a qualifying flight. Is this a BA flight only or a holiday booking as BA will not change a holiday booking until it has been handed to them just before online check in opens. I spoke to BA Holidays to change ours. On a previous flight only I spoke to BA direct and they moved us to an Aer Lingus flight both ways. You do need to have some idea of what you want that BA can actually offer you. If the person isn't being very helpful ask to speak to their supervisor/manager.
its a package flights ,villa and car ,I spoke ba direct in Newcastle,they offered nothing ,even after speaking to a manager...