Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 9 – (2.8.18) Ohana’s Breakfsat, MK, Vineland Outlets and Villa chill

This morning we had planned to have breakfast at Ohana’s as Stitch is DS ‘s favourite character. This stems from DH loving Stitch and when we were first dating I bought him a Stitch teddy. He kept it but once DS came long he gave the teddy to DS and to this day DS still sleeps with the teddy (aged 12!) so this breakfast was going to be a big surprise for him.

Alarms were set for 6.30am and we were up and getting ready shortly afterwards. DS is not at all perceptive yet DD is incredibly perceptive so it was DD that said “why have we you and DS got matching Stitch clothes on? Are we seeing him?” Surprise nearly spoilt we averted her attention and continued to get ready. We were out of the door by 7.40 and parked up at the Poly for our 8.30 reservation by 8.10.

We made our way up to Ohana’s and checked in for our breakfast. As we were a little early we were asked to wait and DH and DS restroomed. My notes say “Wow, excellent service, excellent food, excellent interaction.”

We were given tea and coffee for the adults and juice for the kids followed by a plate of pineapple bread. The kids weren’t too keen on this but I thought it was delicious and polished it of! We were then brought out a family platter with eggs, bacon, sausage, mickey waffles, potatoes and scones. I thought all of this food was delicious. I was surprised however, that the kids weren’t keen on the Mickey waffles!

Once we had started eating our food the characters came around to the tables. It was Mickey first and the children had their photographs taken then the ladies on the table next to us offered to take a family photo. We accepted and returned the favour.

Lilo then came next and was in a very playful mood. This was super interaction, even down to her sitting on DDs chair and joining us at the table. DD was sitting on DH’s lap and sulking “because she was cold!”

Finally Stitch came round. Obviously by this point DS had seen Stitch working his way round the room so worked out why we were here but when Stitch came to our table DS got up and hugged him. He hugged him for so long and held on so tight it was amazing. I shed a tear.

Stitch was quite happy having a hug from DS and stayed there until DS was happy. He was also really silly and stole DD's ears! After hugs and photos Stitch continued working his way round the table then the children joined all the characters for a dance around the room with cm and maracas in hands.

The cost of the breakfast was $155.34 incl tip and I thought this was very reasonable for the character interaction we had, plus the food was all lovely and the cm were very attentive. I would certainly recommend and go back on future visits.

Once we had paid our bill we used the ticket given on check-in to have our photo taken out on the landing with Goofy and then spent quite a long time browsing in both shops in the Poly.

In the shop upstairs DD bought herself a Stitch notebook and pen and DS bought himself a Stitch pin for his lanyard. We went to the boutique downstairs and browsed a while more, eventually choosing 2 2018 pins for the children’s lanyards, a scarf for DD (as she is always cold in restaurants!) and some Mickey earrings from DH to me for our wedding anniversary.

At 10.30 we decided to leave the car parked at the Poly (naughty) and catch the Monorail to MK for eases as our first FP had opened up at 10.20 and we didn’t want to miss it. Typically we got stuck at GF for holding for 10 minutes (Karma). We eventually made it to the MK and got off and in through the tapstiles at 11:00 so hot footed it over to Tomorrowland for our SM FP. We did notice that it was very hot today. We tapped in for our SM FP at 11.10 and made our way through the queue, which I thought was very dark! Last time we rode this in 2013 DD had not been tall enough (and was distraught!) so DS had ridden twice, once with me and once with DH. I had not been a fan of this ride but had said that I would give it another go and see if I have changed my mind.

Well, I haven’t changed my mind! I love coasters which are fast but I just do not like this ride at all! Not sure if it is because it felt very jerky and was all dark but I was not a fan, much prefer the awesomeness of Hyperspace Mountain in DLP! Once out of SM we sat outside the entrance to the shop and applied a good dose of suncream before heading over to the Speedway and picking up a return time using DS’s DAS. Return time was 12:00pm so we headed over to the ice cream stand and picked up some ice creams and sat down to enjoy them, eating them quickly before they melted completely.

After they were consumed we went to have a wash up in the restroom then did the 2 Incredibles photopass opportunities before filling our water bottles.

We went on Speedway, allowing the children to drive this time and returned back without disaster!

By this point our 2nd FP for Buzz had opened up so we headed over in that direction where we found a long FP queue but thankfully it moved very quickly. On Buzz Dh said that his gun was poor and the ride broke down twice so we weren’t feeling the magic!

We much prefer Midway Mania to Buzz I’m afraid. We left Buzz and hoped in the queue for Monsters Inc. This was showing as a 25 minute standby wait but it felt like it moved much quicker. We were first in the line for the theatre and got great seats on the front row. We thoroughly enjoyed this show.

Once out of Monsters Inc we made our way across MK to Adventureland for our third FP on BTMR at 1.40, stopping for a picture as we crossed the hub.

Just before hopping in the BTMR FP queue we looked to get a DAS return for Sm but it had a crazy long queue of 120 minutes with a return time of 2.55pm. It was just too hot for us to plan to spend that much time in MK. We tapped into our FP for BTMR at 1.35 and were soon ready to ride. I love this ride so much! Once off BTMR we made our way to the exit, taking a photopass on Main Street as we did.

Monorail and rode it back to the Poly where we collected the car and headed off to the Outlets at Vineland.

Using the Sat Nav the journey was nice and straightforward with not too much traffic on the roads. We pulled in to the outlets and circled the free parking lot a couple of times but there were no spaces to be found. In the end DH said he was happy to pay $10 to park as it would save the stress of trying to find a free space, well worth it! We parked in the multi-storey and came out near the Reebok store. First of all we visited the food court and got a couple of large drinks to share as we were parched.

We found our way to the Disney Store but only picked up a DCL t-shirt for DD as it had Spider Gwen on. We didn’t even realise it was a DCL t-shirt until the first time she wore it! Nothing else took our fancy, much to my disappointment.

We then went to Fossil where we bought each other a new watch for our wedding anniversary. DH got a smart watch and was really dithering over it initially. Until he realised what offer he was getting and the price on Amazon in the uk which made him snap it up! We also got a new pair of sunglasses each.

We bought a pair of trainers for each of the children in Nike,

a perfume/aftershave for ourselves in Fragrance Direct and I bought a hoodie in Superdry.

Our wallets were much lighter by this point so we decided to make our move. We got to the car at 6pm and were back at the villa at 6.50.

The plan for the afternoon had been to spend it at the villa and then head to DS but I think we were happy we had managed to squeeze a shop in and then were able to go and chill for the evening at the villa.

Once back at the villa the kids went into the pool whilst we cooked the pizza we had got from Walmart the other night and then not eaten. Pizza cooked the kids came out of the pool and we sat and watched Thor Ragnarok on the tv, enjoying chilling together, adults drinking a beer or two!

The kids were in bed by 9.30 and we turned in at 11pm.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day, and nice pictures too. Your breakfast sounds fab, I think I'd have been tearful too if one of my children had such a lovely character interaction.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a great day, and nice pictures too. Your breakfast sounds fab, I think I'd have been tearful too if one of my children had such a lovely character interaction.
Thank you for reading!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
lovely read, we've booked ohana's in august my 3 girls all love stitch too so were super excited for that.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
lovely read, we've booked ohana's in august my 3 girls all love stitch too so were super excited for that.
Thanks for reading. Your girls will love Ohana's if they love Stitch, it really was a fantastic experience!
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great report x

Thanks for reading!
Old 31 Mar 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

That pic of ds hugging stitch ❤️ no wonder you shed a tear!. We have a photo from 2015 of our then 6 year old son hugging mickey like that, it's one of my faves x
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
That pic of ds hugging stitch ❤️ no wonder you shed a tear!. We have a photo from 2015 of our then 6 year old son hugging mickey like that, it's one of my faves x
Moments captured like that really are priceless aren't they? Thanks for reading.
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It’s moments like that when you see DS hugging stitch what the Disney magic is all about and the hard saving for paying for the holidays is all about! It’s all about the kids, (and a bit for us adults too &#128521
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List