Notices

View Poll Results: Which MK DVC resort would you pick for 3 nights?
Grand Floridian 8 20.51%
Polynesian 21 53.85%
Bay Lake Towers 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Apr 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

3 Nights at an MK DVC resort - Quick Poll Please

I'm considering adding 3 nights DVC rental onto our trip next year, just to spend some time solely concentrating on Magic Kingdom. I'm torn between the 3 resorts though. Bay Lake Towers looks lovely and walking to MK is a massive bonus. Grand Floridian is (to me) the classic Disney Deluxe hotel and when I was little I used to talk about staying here when I was a grown up. But, I do think the grandeur and theming would be lost on my boys The Polynesian looks lovely, but does being on the other side of the monorail make Bay Lake Towers a better option for popping back and forth to the park? Hmmm... which would you choose?

Edited at 11:46 AM.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Bay lake is great for walking to the parks but the studios are tiny. And there's no great theming. (LSome subtle Disney icons but you don't feel you are 'somewhere else'.

It was ok but I wouldn't choose to stay there again due to the size of the studios. If we were in a 1 bed I might feel differently
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

There is a boat from the Poly to MK and you can walk to TTC to get a monorail to Epcot.

I think the resort monorail goes Poly GF MK Contemporary TTC Poly.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

You can walk to MK from BLT which has to be a massive bonus but for me it has to be the Poly for the theming. We are doing the Yacht Club, RPR and a few nights at the Poly in November
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
You can walk to MK from BLT which has to be a massive bonus but for me it has to be the Poly for the theming. We are doing the Yacht Club, RPR and a few nights at the Poly in November
Haha I'm such a copycat! Hmmm the Poly has a real appeal and I've just been looking at some of the studio views that face out to MK. The bungalows look lovely but I'm not sure I'm quite that flush
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
There is a boat from the Poly to MK and you can walk to TTC to get a monorail to Epcot.

I think the resort monorail goes Poly GF MK Contemporary TTC Poly.
It is very close to all the transport - probably much of a muchness when it comes to walking versus hopping on the monorail / boat etc..

To be honest the walking to MK was probably the major draw for Bay Lake Towers. It didn't seem to have a 'theme' as such.
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CMFewkesHarrie
Excited about Disney

Having been very lucky to have spent a week at the GF renting DVC points last year, it would have to be GF for me!

But if just wanting a bed the walk to BLT is so convenient. Just bear in mind the time of year. We were there in June and it was sooo hot and there is not a lot of shade during the day.The ride on the monorail with the aircon was very welcome!
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

The bungalows to look fab - but I haven't won the lottery this year. When I was researching and asking people on here about the studios facing MK, it was pointed out that most are actually behind the bungalows which is not the best view and at least one has a view of a fence and a bit of water. In the end I went for a standard view as I can now expect a bad view (but hope for better)- I would be really disappointed if I go the fence viewing having paid for MK view.

I was really tempted with the MK view from BLT but the theming and the fact I was told those views are also like rocking horse poo, I stuck with the Poly.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
The bungalows to look fab - but I haven't won the lottery this year. When I was researching and asking people on here about the studios facing MK, it was pointed out that most are actually behind the bungalows which is not the best view and at least one has a view of a fence and a bit of water. In the end I went for a standard view as I can now expect a bad view (but hope for better)- I would be really disappointed if I go the fence viewing having paid for MK view.

I was really tempted with the MK view from BLT but the theming and the fact I was told those views are also like rocking horse poo, I stuck with the Poly.
I've just been having a look at the views actually on Touring Plans. I think you'd be ok on the 3rd floor, but if you're on the 1st you are just going to be looking at the lottery winners in their bungalows
Old 26 Apr 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I've voted for the poly, don't know much about bay lake, grand flo is gorgeous but I've had a really good look around the poly on a couple of occasions & it's beautiful & I think has a really nice feel to it, my dd went to Orlando with her boyfriend in September & had a nosy around & commented how much she would like to stay there

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List