Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Jan 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Derry Girls

I watched this last night on More 4 catch up, I thought it was really funny, I laughed through most of it
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I watched this the other day and it was quite funny but I didn’t think some of the acting was up to much. It was easy to watch though just wish they would bring Moon boy back !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

enjoyed it once i caught up with the accents

and some of the girls look in their 20's !

in fact one of them is 31 !

Edited at 11:07 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Haha yea, finding it funny, also reminds me of me and my mates getting in scrapes We had one like Michelle but then unlike her never got caught but we did, also some of the fashion we wore then OMG!
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerskeet
Proud to wear my Ears

I am absolutely loving this at the minute as I can so relate to it having grown up in Belfast in the early 90's.

Im curious - are mainlanders finding it funny or is it a geographical thing - I have noticed a lot of NI mannerisms in it.

I actually be annoyed when it is over
Clear Creek 2001. Windsor Hills 2003. I-Drive 2004. Sunset Lakes 2005. Indian Creek 2006. Runaway Beach Club 2007. Rolling Hills 2008. I-Drive 2009. Sunset Lakes 2010. Primrose Drive 2015. Emerald Island 2019.
Gingerskeet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I need to watch more. I have seen first episode so far and it reminded me too much of my days at a convent school back in the 80s. I have to say though I struggled with the accents
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gingerskeet View Post
I am absolutely loving this at the minute as I can so relate to it having grown up in Belfast in the early 90's.

Im curious - are mainlanders finding it funny or is it a geographical thing - I have noticed a lot of NI mannerisms in it.

I actually be annoyed when it is over
its getting better, the accents where a struggle at first

as above though the actors seem rather old so it looses some authenticity and there is a lot face pulling/gurning which seems a bit weird..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
its getting better, the accents where a struggle at first

as above though the actors seem rather old so it looses some authenticity and there is a lot face pulling/gurning which seems a bit weird..
Yes the blonde one does that a lot, it’s quite off putting but I’m still enjoying it so far
Old 19 Jan 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
enjoyed it once i caught up with the accents

and some of the girls look in their 20's !

in fact one of them is 31 !
Haha yes I just saw this belfasttelegraph/e...-36499335.html

I've still got one to see but I don't struggle with accents and I get the humour . My Mum is from 'the country' about 50-60 miles south of Tullamore (I know different accent) and when DH first met her I had to translate as he didn't have a clue what she was saying and he just sat there nodding in agreement to everything she said.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I not watched last nights episode yet but last weeks episode I was in stitches laughing. The way they got the chippy more dirty than it was before.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List